Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Bring Out Yer Dead

Friday, June 27, 2008

Bring Out Yer Dead

We're still trying to shake whatever infected our household. I feel much more energetic (conscious), even though I sound like a paper bag full of snot. I'm okay with that as long as I can function and don't feel like passing out every five minutes. Erik started antibiotics. His sinus infection has cleared, but yesterday he seemed sick again, and I think perhaps the underlying root of all of this has been a virus, which, unfortunately, we simply need to endure. I have been ill now for two weeks. I dropped him off at Kathy's house yesterday so I could visit the clinic for another new, unexpected medical concern that is threatening to ruin my summer, and I hope that Erik didn't get her kids sick. I think we are all falling apart.

Girls' camping weekend was canceled this weekend. Bummer. I wouldn't have been able to go, anyway. Who wants to spend the weekend in a metal box with a girl hacking up her lungs? Nobody, that's who. Cigars are out of the question. I was invited to camp with margaritas in Nadine's yard Saturday night instead, which I might do, and was asked to a girls' lunch Sunday afternoon at the little hippie brewery downtown, where their stuffed burgers are simply divine. Tonight I dine with my friend with ALS, who is not doing well at all. Hopefully, I can get him to eat. Maybe eating would do me some good as well.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger camille said...

Oh man, this stinks! 2 weeks of being sick...and it's the summer when you are supposed to have all those fun girls weekends with nonstop margaritas. We gotta get you well! I hope you feel better soon (and Erik too). At least this is a good excuse to rest a lot. These days I'll do anything just to lay down and be left alone. Sooo relaxing. Ahh.

Hope you feel better :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger All moments remembered said...

Glad you are feeling better. We are dealing with ALS over here too. Not a fun experience. I hope your lungs clear all up. I been thinking of you lots. We have been working on our rental house near you and I smile each time I look over your way.
Hugs,
Stacey

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home