Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: SARS

Thursday, June 19, 2008

SARS

Forgive me for my absence lately. I am quite busy being ill, taking care of an ill little boy, and working all at the same time, the combination of which makes me want to "go out to get cigarettes," never to return again. Through it all, though, Erik has been a trooper. My ailing body is a giant jungle gym to him, and he often climbs on me, puts his face in mine, tilts his head quizzically, and says, "Hi, Mama!" I laugh until the coughing spasms begin again. We aren't sick very much anymore, and I am not very good at it.

Erik's cousins arrive Saturday. More stories and photos to come.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Oh that flu is going around. Nasty stuff. Grace left last Friday to her moms to throw up all day. She is home and feeling better. Hopefully no one else gets it before the beach. I suspect some of hers was escalated by the junk she eats when she is away from me. Oh I am the food police.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

You poor things,
take care and i hope you are feeling much better by the time the visiters arrive :)

11:44 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Your description of how Erik grabs your face and says Hi Mama reminds me so much of what Payton does. They really seem to love faces, don't they? I do hope you all get feeling better - especially before your company gets here tomorrow.

4:01 AM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

I hope you feel better soon!

My advice is to skip the cigs and go straight to the margaritas. The lime juice will boost your immune system.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hope you're feeling better.
Looking forward to meeting you all in a couple of weeks!

4:17 AM  
Blogger camille said...

Oh no, I hope you are feeling better by now. Especially with all of Erik's cousins coming over. How many kids will there be? Connor had an unexpected visit from his cousins today too and it went really well. They all hung out by the pond and watched the "ish" (connor language), ho hum, I mean fish. Hope your visit goes well, can't wait to hear about it :)

11:01 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

Glad you're feeling better! The 'hi mama' scenerio made me laugh. Cute stuff.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home