Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Levy Breach

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Levy Breach

I attended my support group for the third time tonight. About eight of us met at a Mexican restaurant for dinner. I tried to keep myself in check, but when it was my turn to speak, I just couldn't hold it in any longer. At first, I felt like throwing up my chimichanga, but I was honest and spoke for some time. I managed to share my true feelings with people I could reach out and touch, not a computer I could turn off if I began to feel uncomfortable. It was horribly difficult, but I did it.

And it finally happened.

I cried.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Oh Nancy, i am so proud of you, it takes a hell of alot of guts to do that. Worth it though hey!? I am so glad you have found some people in 'real life' that you can share with.
take care, love ya!
xxoo

5:07 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I hope you felt better afterward. I am so proud of you. I on the other hand am the total opposite. I probably am to open and talk to much about my feelings. It is very therapeutic for me but I often think it may be, as my daughter says, to much information sometimes. I am glad you found this group.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That is good right.... I wish I was there with ya :)

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home