Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: A Little Housekeeping

Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Little Housekeeping

Today I was standing in the kitchen gazing through the window at the rain. Erik walked by, looked down at the rug I stood on, and stopped in his tracks. He slowly stooped over. Curious, I looked down to see what he was doing, thinking he was about to empty the Tupperware cupboards and create the usual disaster all over the floor. Instead, he straightened to standing with a piece of lint held tightly between his forefinger and thumb. He examined it and frowned slightly. Without a word, he walked over to the cupboard beneath the sink, opened the door, and deposited it in the trash. He closed the door and walked away.

I laughed out loud.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Bare said...

I love it! If he wants to come over to my house and throw away some lint (aka: cat fur) I'll be glad to have him :0) *Hugs*

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed a piece of lint in your house??

How precious that boy of yours is!

Ya, it truly rained here yesterday early evening... I took the boys outside and we kept under shelter due to the heavy clouds and booming thunder and told the boys,"now this is rain... this rain must be coming from Auntie Nancy's" I thank-you for the rain... how I miss real rainy days! I am soooo and always will be an Oregon girl!

BIG Hugs!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

So funny!!!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I would have laughed watching that scene play out too - and then I would have thought "what great fine motor skills!" LOL

7:38 AM  
Blogger camille said...

Love it! I hope Connor picks up on that as well. For now he's into making messes, not cleaning up anything.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love it, he would be picking up stuff all day at my house!
Amy

8:40 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Maybe he could come over and train my girls. Just yesterday Lexi said, "what is that?" I think she thought it was a bug which she is terrified of. I said, "I think it is a piece of pancake." She said, "oh" and turned to walk away. I had to tell her to pick it up and throw it away.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gua said...
Makes me think of the time we were at your grandfather's house on the coast. You spotted a bit of crud under the counter, pointed, and exclaimed "Ack! Ack! Ack!," leaving the (unture) impression that there wasn't crud under our cupboards at home!

Love you!

Mom

2:35 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

LOL! Aww thats really cute!
BTW If you guys come to Australia we are meeting up somewhere other than my house... You know when im cleaning i frequently think... I must do it to "Nancy Standards" LOL, its my new unit of measurment for household clenliness.
Give Eric a hug for me.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I love it!!

11:31 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

Oh, man. I laughed out loud too.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home