Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Our Next American Idol

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Our Next American Idol

I need music, please.

-- Erik Quinn

Erik's top ten favorite songs. He now has a play list on my iPod.

Bad to the Bone (George Thorogood & The Destroyers)

Tomorrow (Charles Strouse -- From the muscial Annie)

Juicy (Better Than Ezra)

Bad Boys (Inner Circle -- Theme from Cops)

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy (Kenny Chesney)

Macho Man (The Village People)

Hallelujah (K.D. Lang)

Car Wash (Rose Royce)

No One (Alicia Keys)

Deep in the Heart of Texas (George Strait)

Sometimes when he sings and is unsure of the lyrics, he sounds an awful lot like a German tourist attempting karaoke after too many Long Island ice teas. Especially that Kenny Chesney song.

Shh theenks my tractur's seck-sayyyyyy...eeet really urrns it aahhnn

It makes me laugh. I really need to make a new recording. He also does a superb Alicia Keys in that falsetto of his. Seriously. It's SPOT ON.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

OK-I would LOVE to hear him sing. Especially "macho man"....that cracks me up!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love No One too, and it's one of Caleb's fav's!
You need to get a video of Erik singing along :)

8:16 AM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Funny! I would love to hear the falsetto!

Ava can sing the melody to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, but the lyrics are lost on her. Bah, bah, bah, bah....bah, bah, baahhh.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Dawnita Paslay said...

Confession time... I loooove to sing, BUT, I am a terrible singer, no that is saying it nicely... I TOTALLY SUCK at singing. BUT, I do think I am a rock star of sorts when I am driving or taking a shower! When Erik was visiting he experienced my talent "if you want to call my singing talent" from his Auntie on our road trip! Oh my, the looks he gave me when I would glance over my shoulder or look in the rear view mirror to check on him... if I could of read his thoughts.... it is probably best that I couldn't! I am still hoping that it was my choice of music? LOL!

And yes, while we were out with friends for dinner, Erik shared his version of "She Thinks My Tractor is Sexy". With my girlfriend blushing saying, "oh my", her husband stepped in and sang back-up! It was hilarious!!!

I loooooooved The Village People... maybe Erik and I could sing YMCA and do the hand motions!? Perhaps not...

1:27 PM  
Blogger Aspen said...

I demand a new recording of this! I just know in my heart that Daven will sound just like Erik. I feed off your recordings!

2:16 PM  
Blogger camille said...

Please do that recording! I want to hear that falsetto!!!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

LOL! i am looking forward to hearing that!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

I've wanted to share my daughter's favorites from the radio.

Like me, you have an eclectic taste with Country music included. :D

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home