Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: I'm Home

Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm Home

Imagine...

Being a first grader attending a school hundreds of miles away from the closest ocean shore. Taking a trip to the beach to collect seashells to prepare for your moment of glory at show and tell when you returned home. Walking along the glossy, packed strip of sand and marveling at hundreds of colorful, glistening seashells nestled in ocean foam just hours after a turbulent storm. Plucking them from the sand and placing them carefully in a basket. Knowing that this moment alone on the beach was a rare gift, just as these natural works of art were, but knowing you would have to choose only a small handful of them to share with others during a short period of time.

How would you select the ones to share? How would you feel about this heavy basket full of treasures, knowing most of them would go unseen by others?


This is how I feel about my memories of Sophie's Run this weekend. This year was very special, and I am excited to share my memories of the event but realize that even my normally endless supply of words I use to describe my experiences will not do them justice. I came back happy and full of energy. I will sort through them all and bring out the most colorful ones to share with you but will hold the others close and draw from their strength and beauty to keep me going through the year.

For those of you who were kind enough to share the day with me, thank you very much. I feel stronger than ever. It was truly a celebration this year. And for those of you I just met this weekend, I'm honored to know you and am looking forward to spending more time with you.

Thank you.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

I hear you! I am glad your day went well. Ours was great too, and I can't even think how I will post for another day or so.

We are lucky people, Nance! :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wonderful news, I am sure you needed this very unique and special pick-me-up. Now bottle it up in and save it for an emergency.
All my love,
Amy

10:23 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Sounds wonderful. I can't wait to hear all about it.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like a great day!
We had a wonderful day too. The weather was beautiful. Kerry did an amazing job organizing and making it a success!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR CALLING ME TODAY, IT IS ALWAYS A REAL TREAT TO CHAT WITH YA!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO ANXIOUS TO READ ABOUT YOUR DAY AT THE RUN AND TO SEE FUN PHOTOS... ESPECIALLY THE PHOTOS OF YOU GIRLS WEARING TIARAS AND ALL THE WONDERFUL PHOTOS OF ERIK AND HIS FRIENDS!

SENDING BIG HUGS AND LOTS OF LOVE,
DEE-TA

3:20 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

So glad you had a great day. Kelly told me she meet you isn't she great.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home