Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: "A" For Effort

Thursday, May 01, 2008

"A" For Effort

Yesterday Erik was playing with the old fashioned wooden blocks from our childhood collections. He picked up several of them, looked carefully at each, and began announcing the names of various letters of the alphabet. When I sat down next to him on the floor to investigate what he was doing, he had indeed correctly identified several letters. I rejoiced very loudly, and he smiled, looking very pleased with himself.

I highly recommend those delectable little cookies shaped like letters, which Erik has eaten thousands of, and the strange Sesame Street video entitled All Star Alphabet, starring Stephen Colbert as the letter "Z."

Now if only we can get him to use the toilet.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

FANTASTIC!!!!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

WOW!!!
That is AWESOME!!!
well done Eric :)
xxoo

6:27 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Love "Alphabet All Stars," yes, it is highly weird. Another GREAT one is "Here Come the ABCs" by They Might Be Giants. It ROCKS!!!! They have tons of stuff for kids, check it out http://www.theymightbegiants.com/

I must confess, I know all the words to the videos and CDs I already have, they are cool. Oh yea, and Avery likes them too.

And give Erik a big proud squeeze from me!!
xoxo
Amy

9:24 AM  
Blogger Aspen said...

I am so impressed! I was just excited about Daven's use with the wooden blocks last week. Stacked 4blocks all by himself. A task we have been working on for over a year. Sigh...

Way to go Eric. You rock!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Awesome.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

WTG Erik! That is wonderful to hear!

Have you heard of the website www.starfall.com ? Kayla loves that site and I think it really helped her learn her ABCs.

8:20 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Nancy ~ I could go for some of those amazing little cookies RIGHT NOW! And I already know my ABC's (well... most of them!) ~ jb///

6:40 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

That sounds priceless!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Way to go, Erik!!! Nancy,that is wonderful. I will look into getting that video as Gianna needs to work on those letters!I enjoy your blog so much!
Gina

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home