Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Comfort Food

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Comfort Food

Diet French Toast Bites
(2 servings)

2 slices whole wheat bread
1/4 c Egg Beaters or other liquid egg substitute
3 Tbsp low-fat milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch cinnamon or nutmeg
1 pinch salt (optional)

Cut each slice of bread into 4 squares. I leave the crust on, but you can remove it you want.

In a large shallow bowl, mix together the egg substitute, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and, if you want, the salt.

Prepare a large skillet on a heat just above medium with no-fat cooking spray.

Add all the bread pieces to the "egg" mixture bowl and gently scoot them around with your fingers -- flipping each piece so both sides are drenched and all the mixture is absorbed.

Start cooking the bread pieces in the skillet a batch (as many pieces as you can fit in the skillet) at a time. Brown each slice for about 3 or 4 minutes. Give the skillet another thin spray of cooking oil between each batch.

Serve and enjoy!

(2 Weight Watchers points. I usually add another point with light maple syrup and a handful of mixed berries.)

Still at a loss for words, for the most part. I apologize to my friends and family members who are beginning to suspect I fell off the face of the earth. I'm doing okay. Seriously!

Next week is my second special needs mothers' support group meeting. We plan to throw our own potluck party using the facilities at the senior center. These girls really know how take advantage of what is available in town!

Sophie's Run is coming up, too, this weekend. I will be sure to provide photos of the event. Erik is excited about seeing Sophie and singing "Happy Birthday" to her.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I wish I could run this weekend with you...we'll be there in spirt :) Send us a souvineer....I am pumped for the new recipe I am on a diet for real now so I am totally giving it to chris to make....Yeah I can still have my favorite breakfast XOXOXOX

11:44 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Sounds yummy!!! Have fun this weekend! We'll be thinking of you -and wearing Erik's bracelet :)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds really good! How many exra points will it add if I make it now and eat it at 1 AM!!!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

I Found your blog thru Miss1999. Thanks for this recipe.. Sound very good and satisfying..
Have a great week...

10:31 AM  
Blogger Tes said...

Weight Watchers rocks! Mucho activity points with Sophie's run! Best wishes for a great day.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home