Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Sneaky Chef Review #1

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sneaky Chef Review #1

Our reactions to my own personal Sneaky Chef recipe cookoff so far --

"Brainy" Brownies

Nancy: A- (Hey! Surprisingly moist and delicious! Delightful!)

Erik: D- (Yeah, I'm THREE, not stupid. Woman, there's spinach in these, isn't there?)

Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins

Nancy: B (Hey, these are good, although you have to chew them for two weeks before they dissolve.)

Erik: F (Oh no, you di-nnnt! Weren't the brownies foul enough?!)

I have dated each recipe accordingly with our grades and will try them again in approximately one year. I have successfully added two to three tablespoons of the orange puree to Kraft macaroni and cheese without him seeming to notice, but the kid won't eat the leftovers.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I am seriously considering trying this. Not for Noah but Grace. I swear she will know the stuff is in there. She is the pickiest eater I have ever met. I have watched her gag on stuff that you and I would kill to eat and she doesn't have the sensory issues Noah does.

1:32 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Are you sure Erik is ONLY THREE? Awfully BRIGHT if you ask me! ~ jb///

5:14 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

LOL, bugger!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Lucky you, he has those sensitive tasebuds like Michaela!
She's so good, we play games with it....when we get any take-out, we hide the box and ask her where it came from, she always gets it right!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

okay, I have never been able to sneak anything into Calebs food. He knows food like he knows faces! I tried switching to the store brand of cookie crisp, and he said "This isn't right Mom.... It doesn't taste like regular cookie crips." ( i meant to write crips cause that is how he says it) So, I ended up eating the generic bowl of 'Cookies'. Can't pull one over on him, and never could. Really picky about his ingredients. Sneaky Chef? Not an option here! :)

6:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nancy you always seem to make me laugh, I just love reading your post!
Anna

6:43 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

What is it about leftovers, Avery can smell them a mile away. lol.
Amy

6:52 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

And I was considering trying this! I bet if you can't fool Erik I probably won't be able to fool Payton. Ahhh, wishful thinking :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

We did the pureed orange stuff in Clare's pasta successfully for a couple weeks. Then she wisened up to our ways. My kids will NEVER eat mac & cheese leftovers (actually they are pretty tasteless).

We're currently flavoring our cream cheese queen's cream cheese with small doses of avocado, refried beans, smoked salmon, and sweet potatoes. (And, no, not all at the same time.)

5:02 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Kids are smart and with every week, they seem to catch on quicker.

Most days I just laugh off Julia's truthful observations.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home