Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Insomnia Update

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Insomnia Update

I completely survived today! Go, me! Oh, sure, I'm a rambling idiot due to lack of sleep, but I'm still smiling. I'm sure my glass of merlot is helping.

Tomorrow is a big day. We have a hippotherapy appointment at 11, come home to eat lunch, and then head back to Erik's school across town to meet with his new teacher, set up a bus schedule, and check out the classroom. I plan on working somewhere between then and Saturday morning. I just may fire up that margarita maker this weekend.

The best part of my day today was discovering that the orange pile that sat on the freshly-shampooed living room rug while I worked was cat vomit, not excrement as I originally suspected. Seriously. Best part of my day. I called Brian and let him know he could pick Erik up from my folks' today, as I had work waiting for me on my computer, I was too tired to drive, and I had some stain removal tips to acquire on line. Oregon State plays for the first time tonight, and there is an adorable, blond 2-year-old and a hot, Hawaiian style pizza with skinny crust coming my way soon. Oh yes. I am officially getting into my pajamas...now. The storm is hitting now, and hopefully it will be over before bedtime.

Today didn't turn out too bad! Wish me luck tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

Thank you so much for making me laugh out loud at my computer at 11:30 at night. You rock. Happy Labor Day! :)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Glad you had a better day. How do we get used to running on zero? we are super women!!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Good luck doodle bug.
Amy

6:43 AM  
Blogger All moments remembered said...

I hope the doctor appt goes good today. I hope even more that Erik loves the classroom. How exciting for him.

As we watched the lightening hit over our heads last night and then listened to my two little one sleep next to us all night I thought of you. I hope you all got some sleep. We have a queen size bed and four of us in it is not comfy. I think it was some of the brightest lightening I have ever seen. Made ya squint when it happened.

I need to go look for bald chicken pictures. I plan to write up the bald chicken and sunblock story sometime this weekend for my blog. Heidi thought it would help draw attention to it. LOL!!! You had no idea you had a crazy lady living near you with a bald chicken now did ya? LOL

Have a good day,
Stacey

9:46 AM  
Blogger All moments remembered said...

OKAY so the bald chicken and sun block story is on my blog now with a picture. Remember you must still like me after you read the story! I am and always have been a little wacko!!
Stacey

5:07 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I'm glad you visited our blog and that I got to visit yours. I am totally with you about blogging as a way to grieve and heal...it's so incredibly therapeutic. I've thought about quitting a few times, but I miss it after a few days and go through withdrawals! Erik is beautiful!

7:25 PM  
Blogger camille said...

Oh Nance, I hope that the weather calms down, that you can catch up on sleep and get some rest this weekend.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Hugs your way. You are an inspiration to us all, you know. The ones of us who are not super-women.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home