Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Tagged

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tagged

Stacey, my ex-neighbor, whom, strangely, I have never actually met in person and just recently met through this blog, tagged me. Thank you, Stace, for including me in your first tag, and to Heidi for introducing us. To everybody else, if you would like to participate, consider yourself tagged.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was lonely. I was also in the process of purchasing my first house and moving out of my one-bedroom apartment that was located in a building that smelled like feet and onions. My new home was a tiny, 3-bedroom house with blue vinyl siding and a nice yard filled with wild rosebushes, day lilies, and willow trees. I still drive by the place almost on a daily basis, and even though where we live is much nicer, I will never forget the feeling I had the day I turned that little gold key and stepped inside. I remember standing there alone in the quiet for a few minutes and enjoying that moment, knowing it was important to me. I sure miss that little place.

What were you doing one year ago?

I was planning Erik's second birthday party and settling into my fairly new transcription job at home, happy at last to be out of an office and away from urology and the wonderful world of prostates. Things were definitely looking up. I had Erik fitted for orthotics, and once they were on him, trips to the store were never the same. My little boy pretty much woke up one year ago.

Name five snacks you enjoy.


Weight Watchers giant cookies and cream ice cream bars, baked Doritos and salsa, Laughing Cow cheese on whole-wheat Ritz with tangy, green grapes and a giant glass of red wine, those nasty, greasy, fried jalapeno and cream cheese wontons at the restaurant down the street (Ohhhhh yesssss!), and Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia (it's a good idea to stay away from me if I am eating that particular snack). Hey, at least I started out healthy.

Name five songs you know all the lyrics to.

I can't state with certainty that I know all of the lyrics to five songs. Erik knows more than I do. Here are some songs I know well: Anything by Gwen Stefani and/or No Doubt, ballads by 1990s hair bands, "Elmo's Song," "Happy Birthday," and, of course, all of the songs I have made up for my son over the years. I mean, who can forget such homemade classics such as "We Brusha, Brusha, Brusha" or "There's a Skooby in the Bucket?"

Name five things you would do if you were a millionaire.

I might enroll in medical school so I can be the only freaking physician specializing in Williams syndrome in this particular region, hire a full-time therapist for Erik, quit the ridiculous medical transcription field and write full time, buy my great-uncle's old apartment in Paris so I could stay there whenever I felt like it, and drink good wine all of the dang time. Either that, or invest in a few good electrolysis sessions (getting old bites).

Name five bad habits you have.

Using my sarcasm/dark sense of humor as a defense mechanism without thinking of the consequences, occasionally pretending I smoke cigarettes in a social setting, skipping church for a year or two at a time, not returning phone calls even though I intend to, and losing my temper too quickly.

Name five things you like to do.

Cook/bake something new, go out with friends, watch trashy movies, write, and sleep without dreaming.

Name five things you will never wear again.

Anything sleeveless, liquid eyeliner, thong underpants, a bridesmaid's dress, and maternity clothing.

Name five favorite toys.

My iPod, computer, steam hair rollers, food processor, and margarita maker.

Where will you be in 10 years?

Hopefully, the urban sprawl will have overtaken us and we will be living comfortably elsewhere in town in a home with a private place for our growing, increasingly independent boy, who can live with us for as long as he likes.

I hope that we will all be happy.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Noel said...

Okay I'll play but it will probably take me a day before I get a chance to take the time to do it. Love getting to know you better!
Noel

11:30 AM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

YOU HAVE A MARGARITA MAKER????? What time is happy hour?

1:24 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

I never thought I'd wear thongs again, but dang if they don't sell some really cute ones where I work and, well...I've learned to never say never. :)

4:25 PM  
Blogger All moments remembered said...

Thank you!! See how much fun this internet stuff can be? LOL!!! I had a rather tough day so it was nice to go around reading everyone elses blogs!! I wish happily ever after!!!!!
Stacey

7:41 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

You've come a long way baby! By the way what's the lyrics too "There's a Skooby in the Bucket?" Furthermore, what a Skooby?

10:28 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Kathi -- I looked at my arms this morning and they are looking a little bit...well, buff. Maybe I shouldn't say never on the sleeveless, either. Who knew? Of course, I would much rather look a little less like a jackhammer operator and more like a princess, but that ain't happening.

Rosemarie -- One day I looked down at my nursing baby and called him "Skooby." I have no clue why, but it stuck. I heard once that Snoop Dogg's grandmother called him Snoopy when he was a little baby. Now that one REALLY stuck!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I love it when you get tagged :)

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home