Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Mental Floss

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mental Floss



My week is wrapping up nicely. As an added bonus, I have a four-day weekend starting today. As Napoleon Dynamite would say -- "Sweet!" I made Belgian waffles for everybody this morning, took care of some final work things on the phone and the computer, and had a snack with Erik before putting him down. The clouds have moved in to form a wonderfully dreary, gray canopy over the region, and there is a chill in the air. I love this weather so very much! We are lucky to live in a region where sunshine is the norm, so I appreciate all sorts of weather when we get it. Another horrible addiction I have is to candles, and my fall candles are coming out of the cupboard. My favorite is Yankee "Home Sweet Home."

I attached a couple photos of Erik pre and apres bath. It's awful, but I sometimes call him our "Buttless Wonder." I am hoping that Santa will leave a nice pair of plump cheeks in his stocking this year. The weight he is gaining is definitely not migrating to that region. It is easier for me to appreciate his little form now that he has gained some weight and looks healthier.

As for my mental state, the men in white coats haven't come for me yet (I have been watching for them), and I am doing quite well now that my brain has processed everything from the past couple of weeks. I really benefit from writing. I haven't written much in the past few years and forgot how much I enjoy it. I recently had the opportunity to talk to a woman in town who has a little girl with Phelan-McDermid (22q13), an even more rare genetic deletion syndrome than Williams. They were diagnosed not long after we were, and we seem to click as far as where we are in this and how we are feeling. We have spoken on the phone a couple of times and have set a play date for tomorrow to meet for the first time. I am pretty psyched about that. I am hoping that the weather will clear by then so Erik can enjoy the swings.

I think my boy and I will do some shopping together today. I dressed him in clothing with no jagged holes in the knees or mysterious stains with showing him off in mind. I asked him what he wanted for breakfast yesterday, and he said, "Os!" Cheerios it is, my little man. He never ceases to surprise me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy,
He is just so adorable. I absolutely love the bathtub type pictures and I am also addicted to candles. I love the Lang Baby Powder one. What a wonderful scent!
Take care.
susan
mom to Jaxson

12:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I love the b-tub pics so cute Erik looks great!!! I love his little head sticking out of his towel...There is nothing wrong with no butts :) I get made fun of all the time at work because it is just not there :) Even 200lbs and preg no ass...LOL...

2:40 PM  
Blogger Aspen said...

I didn’t think I could love that boy any more, but now that I see his itty bitty tush…I just love him even more. (I don’t mean for that to sound weird!)

Daven’s little bottom (or lack there of) is the exact same way. He sure didn’t get that from his mommy! HA! I always tease him that we need to put a belt AND suspenders on that boy to keep his pants up.

Enjoy your long weekend!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Omigosh! Erik looks adorable, even if he is a "Buttless Wonder". Tell him I said Welcome to the club! Me, my mom, and my two boys...not an ass among us! And, yeah, Ava is in the club, too. Until a couple of months ago her little bottom was literally baggy! No cheeks to be found. That's ok...what isn't there can't fall down:)

7:13 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

So strange, I thought I was looking at Avery's adorable butt, or lack of, not Erik's! Another thing our kids share in common,(besides having awesome moms), itty-bitty, teensy weensy, tushies.

6:05 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

WE LOOOOVE HIS LITTLE BISCUITS! JUST THINK... HE WILL BE ABLE TO WEAR WRANGLERS!! :)

I HOPE AND PRAY THAT YOUR VISIT WITH THIS WOMAN AND HER DAUGHTER GOES WELL TODAY! I ALSO PRAY THAT PERHAPS THE TWO OF YOU CAN DEVELOP A GREAT NEW FRIENDSHIP AND YOUR CHILDREN BECOME PALS! ERIK... YOU HAVE FUN ON THEM SWINGS!!

YES... I AM EXCITED FOR FALL AS WELL. I HAVE ONE OF MY PUMPKIN/VANILLA CANDLES LIT THIS MORNING.

HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME SHOPPING WITH ERIK AND EVERYONE DROOLED OVER THAT SWEET BOY!

BIG HUGS!!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home