Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Oh Deer

Friday, August 11, 2006

Oh Deer



Last night a family of deer came to snack on our trees. There were Mrs. Buck, Buck Sr., and Buck Jr. The guys had horns covered in brown velvet. Luckily, anything that has survived to this point in our yard the deer have turned their noses up at. They have devoured everything else with gusto. We recently lost our wild rosebush (moment of silence please), which was ripped out by the roots by a hungry doe. Any other plants I wish to enjoy are in pots up on the porches, where deer do not grocery shop. When Erik saw the deer last night, he was very excited. He ran to the windows and looked out before frantically trying to get out the front door (if it was unlocked, he would have been long gone). He kept saying, "Woof woof! Woof woof!"

I am packing for our second annual girls' campout with some good friends from my old job at the clinic. I am planning on leaving this afternoon. The first thing I packed was mosquito repellent. I am lucky enough to have a friend with a brand new trailer, so we won't be doing much "roughing it." It will be good to get away and relax, although I will miss my baby boy. See you next week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I hope you have a great weekend away, So jealous, what i would give to sleep all night long :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS!!!!! I AM HAVING A TANTRUM! I WANNA GO ON A ALL GIRL CAMP OUT!! OKAY... ENOUGH POUTING! :) I HOPE YOU HAVE A BLAST AND COME HOME WITH SOME GREAT STORIES!!

LOVE YOU!
DAWNITA

11:16 AM  
Blogger Aspen said...

Have an Awesome time Nancy! I shall miss you. Be safe and wear that repelant!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home