Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: What's Your Emergency?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What's Your Emergency?

Erik made his very first outgoing telephone call yesterday. I was in the kitchen making dinner when Brian and I heard a strange man's voice in the living room. The television was off, and, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out who would be chatting away in the other room. None of Erik's toys have that deep voice! Brian looked in at Erik and then back at me with a big smile on his face. Erik had hit the Oregon Department of Transportation Trip Check number and then the speakerphone button on the phone, which I had left in the living room earlier in the day. This man was rambling on and on about road conditions. While this was quite amusing (Erik looked as surprised as we did), Trip Check is "5-1-1." Our son could have very easily hit "9-1-1" and called the police on us. I suppose I will be putting the phone away from now on. I had to call my cell phone the other day to locate it, and it was in Erik's bookshelf. Where in the baby book is the blank for recording the "first outgoing telephone call," anyway? I don't see one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I remember Emma's first call...She was sleeping in the bed with us it was while our current home was being built so our mattresses were just on the floor...That is how we slept for 6m... anyway she hit redial on the phone and called my Mom at 3am! Pretty Funny eh, good thing my mom was the last person I called, because she thought it was great.
I woke up to Emma sitting up in the bed next to me holding a conversation or what she thought was a conversation at that time. LOL

It only gets worse if you do not have cell phone insurance get it!!! They love those things. Now she tries to answer the phone when it rings and she always wants to call her "Grammy"....Nothing to do but laugh...:)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Ha Ha Ha! I think you should enter that "First" in your book! I probably would have freaked out hearing a strange man in my house!

Who do you think he was calling with your cell phone? You might need to check your bill :)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Kati said...

Hihihi, it was a very nice story :))))) The electronics and the boys.... Szabi is into everything which has button or connected to the 220V (favourites: home theatre, TV, dvd, comuter, mobile phone, most of them I could locked from him fortunately...) and I learned that I shouldn't leave things closer than 1 meter to the ground if I'd like to find them in their place :DDDD

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home