Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Drenched

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Drenched



Last night I was finishing up work when Brian and Erik came in from playing outside. Erik was DRENCHED and looked so pitiful. His shirt was transparent and clung to his little body like he was in a pediatric wet T-shirt contest. He had pieces of grass stuck all over him, and his hair was in a big swirlie. His chest was heaving like he had just run five miles. I laughed and asked, "What happened?!" Brian told me he turned on the sprinkler system, thinking Erik might like to play with the little sprinkles watering the flower beds. However, Erik saw the big jets of water shooting across the lawn and took off toward them. He was simply thrilled by running through the water! In fact, he cried when he had to come back inside.

I have had a headache for three days now. It is beginning to morph into a migraine, but I don't have time to be down. I have to pick up work, get my teeth cleaned, and most likely work this evening. Brian is headed to the golf course this afternoon with some people from work for a well-deserved outing. He is going to have to dust off his clubs, as it has been a couple of years since he has hit the course.

The rest of the week is going well. We have no therapy scheduled for a few weeks, as this is summer break. Erik mimicked the words to yet another song last night on the way home. I always think I'm hearing things when he does that. The photo here is one I took this morning. When Erik gets out his toys, all of the cars and trucks end up upside-down so he can play with the wheels.

5 Comments:

Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

IT MUST BE A BOY THING... MY BOYS WOULD RATHER RUN NAKED AND WILD OR EVEN FULLY DRESSED FOR THAT MATTER THROUGH A SPRINKLER ANY OL DAY THAN JUMP INTO A POOL! WE ARE SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT ERIK IS ENJOYING THE SUMMER AND IS ABLE TO HAVE A LITTLE BREAK AS WELL FROM THERAPY. I AM THINKING ERIK IS GOING TO BE A ROCK STAR AND BROGAN IS GOING TO BE ONE OF HIS STAGE DANCERS "YOUR NEPHEW HAS MOVES I HAVE NEVER SEEN ON A WHITE BOY" OR PERHAPS A BACK UP SINGER FOR ERIK'S BAND!

I HOPE THAT YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!

BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL!!
DAWNITA

7:00 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Wish you took a picture of Erik coming in from the sprinklers!! What a hoot! Does he love the pool too?

7:49 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a great smile, I just want to give him a big good morning hug and kiss :) I hope your headach gets better I know they can really throw a wrench in things. love ya

7:56 AM  
Blogger Aspen said...

Oh I just love our boys and their wheel fetish! Give him kisses from me.

8:08 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

LAST NIGHT AFTER A VERY HOT DAY... THE BOYS AND I WENT FOR A WALK. ON OUR WAY BACK HOME SOME SPRINKLERS CAME ON IN A NEARBY PARK. YOU GUESSED IT... THE BOYS DROPPED THEIR SUNGLASSES, DRINKS, HATS AND OFF THEY WENT! BRAYDEN YELLED, "MOM, I WISH ERIK WAS HERE... HE WOULD HAVE SO MUCH FUN WITH US." HOW WE ALL WISHED THAT WE LIVED CLOSER TO ENJOY EVEN THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE!

I HOPE THAT YOU ARE FEELING BETTER... YOUR FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK... ITS FRIDAY!!!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home