Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Glory Be!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Glory Be!



Erik is highly interested in climbing to the apex of anything these days -- furniture, toys, rock piles, mama, dada, etc. Yesterday the truck his sweet cousins gave him months ago had been turned on its side to make the wheels more accessible, of course. He then stood on top of it to formulate a plan to get from there up onto the back of the couch. I was lobbing the components of our dinner in the Crock Pot and glanced over the counter just in time to see this spectacular disaster waiting to happen. I went over to him to gently transfer him to safer ground before going back around to the kitchen. On my way, I turned the truck upright (I'm a neat freak). When I looked up again to check on him, he was straddling the truck like it is intended to be straddled and was propelling himself across the floor on it like he had been doing this for months. My mouth automatically opened, and I began a big old ugly screech of pure freaking elation. My arms flew up into the air and waved around like a crazy orangutan. I then did my best wobbly-kneed touchdown dance. I could not believe my eyes! I then called his father to share the news. He previously had absolutely no interest in riding this truck -- only in mindlessly spinning the wheels. When it is on its side and he does this, I call him "DJ Skooby Skoob" because he looks a lot like a guy at a rave spinning records. He got on this particular toy twice this morning, and I cheered him on again. It's strange how he decides to do things all of the sudden. Maybe his confidence level is better now that he is achieving better balance and body awareness. Maybe he is just humoring me. I'll take it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

DJ Skooby Skoob...LOL that is great!!

Good Job Erik soon you'll be ready to race Dad...They all figure out eventually that bikes are more fun to ride then spin...

7:49 PM  
Blogger Kati said...

Huuuuuuhuuuuu!!! congratulations, Erik!!! I love these little boys/girls when they are propelling on the trucks :)))) It's so strange, that here these truck are mainly motors: I put up a picture of Szabi's motor on my blog to see it... I think the trucks are better, they are more stable than motors!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

OMG, I had to close my office door because between Daven standing and Erik on his truck, I am just so overwhelmed with joy for you guys I am weepy all over my keyboard.
Amy

9:36 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

WHAT A CRAZY WEEK!!! AND THEN TO SIT DOWN AND READ THAT ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE HAD A FABULOUS WEEKEND IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS OF OREGON "JEALOUS AND PERHAPS STILL POUTING, A LITTLE" :) WITH THE GIRLS AND THEN TO SEE MY FAVORITE, ALMOST TWO, NEPHEW CRUISIN THE FLOORS OF HIS HOME ON A TOY THAT HIS COUSIN BROGAN PICKED OUT FOR HIM... COULD A GIRL ASK FOR MORE? NOPE, NOT TODAY!! BY THE WAY, BRAYDEN THINKS IT IS GREAT TO TURN THE TRUCK ON ITS SIDE AND SPIN THE WHEELS... BRAYDEN SAID, ERIK THINKS IT IS FUN TO DO, SO HE SHOULD DO IT... I LOVE HOW KIDS THINK!

LOVE ALL THE RECENT PHOTOS!! BY THE WAY... IT IS KILLING ME, HOW MUCH MORE CUTER IS ERIK GOING TO GET??? HE IS SOOOOOOO CUTE!!

BIG HUGS!!!!
DAWNITA

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home