Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Keep On Truckin'

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Keep On Truckin'


You have to love Costco. Brian had his eye on this Tonka truck for a while and decided to purchase it during our weekend outing. That made me smile. Erik was excited the moment we placed it in the cart. In general, we have been encouraging Erik to play with things that do not spin, and he has learned to stack rings, throw balls, push buttons, and put his nesting blocks inside each other. I can't adequately explain how huge these accomplishments are. He has only been walking for less than four months! However, since his genetic programming has given him a strong obsession with the wheel, we enjoy indulging his natural love of it now and then. Erik's narrow, bunless backside fits nicely in the bed of this dump truck, and today Brian pushed him up the driveway and let him gently roll back down. I placed a bucket of water and a rubber duckie on the front walk, not knowing if Erik would play with them or not, and he washed rocks for us and placed him back into the landscaping. I now see geology in this kid's future. Or obsessive-compulsive disorder. Oh dear. Speaking of deer, all day long there was a fuzzy fawn hidden in the grass of our back field, and I was very worried that she had been orphaned by the fast moving cars to the south. Brian tried to get me to look, but I didn't want to get emotionally attached to another dying animal around here and avoided her all day. Now dusk is here, and a healthy-looking doe has come to claim her baby. The tiny fawn is nursing happily outside our back door in the cool grass in front of a gorgeous backdrop of setting sun and mountains underneath a purple and pink-streaked sky. I suppose they are on the way to the canal for a drink. It's a nice end to a very relaxing weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

What a cutie...I love the hat.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

What a terrific picture! I love hearing how great Erik is doing. It's strange - because the WS kids look so much alike, I feel like I am looking at Brady's cousin when I see Erik's pics. It's some kind of kinship, I think.

6:23 PM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

HEY THERE ERIK.... UNCLE BRAD SAYS, "NIIICE"..... HE ALSO SAYS HE LOVES SEEING YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME, ESPECIALLY WITH A BIG OL' TONKA!! :)

BIG HUGS FROM UNCLE BRAD!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home