Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Ad Nauseam Part Deux

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ad Nauseam Part Deux

After being sick all day Saturday, Erik slept for over 14 hours, well into Sunday morning. We finally woke him up, and we all went out to Denny's for a late breakfast. The waitress gave him crayons, and he finally tilted one just right down to the paper and tried to work it back and forth for the first time. He is still too gentle to do things like this, but he is beginning to understand what to do. He wasn't interested in eating the Kix cereal I brought with me but humored me and ate his applesauce and took the Prilosec for his reflux. In the afternoon, Brian went to a wedding, and Erik and I stayed home. By about 5 p.m. after Brian had returned, he went directly to bed and said he didn't want dinner. Bad sign. When it was time for me to retire, Brian was in full-blown gastrointestinal revolt, and I set up my sleeping bag in the living room. I awoke around 10 p.m. and realized I was another victim. I ended up back in the bedroom with Brian, and Gracie kitty took refuge in my sleeping bag. I have never been sick with my husband at the same time. It was so pathetic that we kept looking at each other and giggling because we were so miserable. Erik, of course, was better. He came up to me at one point, put his hand on my leg, smiled a very cute, million dollar smile at me, and tilted his head sideways. I laughed so hard. I'm not sure what he was trying to tell me, but he didn't seem to mind his groaning, motionless parents draped over the living room furniture all day. We marveled at how when Erik was sick, he was still smiling. How do kids do that? We did get up to watch a giant thunderstorm hit this side of town in the afternoon. I thought the noise would frighten Erik because golf ball-sized hail started pounding our unprotected house out here on the desert. We actually got out of the living room for fear of the windows breaking and raining down on us and went to the front of the house, where we all could watch. Erik did fine with a kung fu grip on my bathrobe for reassurance and was very interested in the bouncing ice balls hitting the lawn. That was the excitement for the day. We all went to bed early, and today looks promising, although I am the only one up at this point. I am thinking about coffee and I am 5 pounds lighter than I was 2 days ago. Not a bad start.

1 Comments:

Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

HEY GIRL,

WHENEVER I NEED A GUT WRENCHING LAUGH OR A REAL GOOD CRY I CAN COUNT ON YOUR BLOGSITE!!! I DO HOPE AND PRAY THAT THE THREE OF YOU ARE ON THE MEND! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I LOVE HEARING ALL THE UPDATES ON ERIK AND SEEING SUCH GREAT PHOTOS AS WELL!! AFTER I READ A BLOG OF YOURS I FEEL LIKE I HAVE JUST SPENT TIME WITH ERIK UNTIL ONE OF MY OWN BOYS CRAWLS UP ON MY LAP! I SURE MISS MY SWEET NEPHEW AND SO DOES THE REST OF THE GANG HERE!

WE LOVE YOU ALL AND AGAIN I HOPE YOU ALL ARE ON THE MEND!!
DAWNITA

BY THE WAY, BROGAN WAS CHOWING DOWN ON THE CINNAMON GRAHAM CRACKERS LAST NIGHT FOR A SNACK AND I WAS THINKING HOW FUN IT WOULD BE IF ERIK WAS JOINING BROGAN FOR A LITTLE SNACK BEFORE WE CALL IT A NIGHT! :)

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home