Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Ad Nauseam

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ad Nauseam

I knew I shouldn't have said anything about Erik's immune system. A horribly contagious stomach bug has been passed from one home to another lately, and it has hit the Big House. Patient zero apparently attended a birthday party in town, and many adults and kids fell ill thereafter. It was even reported that one adult crashed his new Lexus after experiencing intense abdominal pain, a sequela of this particular illness, after attending this party. No, really. I'm not making this up. Anyway, lying in bed on this wonderfully lazy Saturday morning, I heard a sound best described as a cross between a clogged garbage disposal and an intoxicated yelp of surprise. Long story short -- I started off my day in the back yard hosing half-digested chunks off crib sheets and mopping the same rancid material off the floor, thinking of my poor parents doing this 35 years ago for me and then my brother. Paybacks are H-E-double hockey sticks. So far, Brian and I feel fine. Erik will be well in a matter of hours, if history is any indication of how he will do, and I will spend the morning autoclaving flatware and distributing a fine mist of Lysol throughout the house in the meantime. I do enjoy Erik's cuddles when he is not feeling well. Is that wrong?

3 Comments:

Blogger Aspen said...

I have read your blog from top to bottom and now I am left with tears. You are a brilliant writer and I felt myself sitting in every situation with you. Erik is so beautiful! (Rule of thumb: boys are “beautiful” until they turn 2)

Thanks for writing and sharing your thoughts with us. I am in anticipation of more.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Your Blog is great you are a very good writer so jealous :) It is nice to know we are all there for each other. You son is adorable :)

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read several of yours postings. Thank you so much for your thoughts. Your little boy is beautiful. Loved the picture of Erik with his rocks.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home