Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Girls Only

Monday, January 14, 2008

Girls Only


(Me, Senior Jose Cuervo, and a surprisingly tasty Mexican cigar.)

Will I ever be happy again? This is getting really, really old. Seriously.

Well, in the meantime, my girlfriends are staying by my side and being as encouraging as ever. Thanks, Nadine and Chris, for helping me retrieve a scrap of my long-lost sanity. I feel like a queen when I arrive at Nadine's and am immediately handed an ice-cold margarita, complete with one of those cute bendy straws, a warm plate heavy with homemade enchiladas, and a side of fresh guacamole. My only regret was that I couldn't bring my fellow WS mothers with me for a girls' afternoon. Just for future reference, though, Nadine, just because I have a couple margaritas, you won't see me churning out snow angels wearing only my bathing suit, no matter how funny you think it would be or how much room is on your camera's memory card. Oh, sure, I thought about it, but we have to at least wait for fresh, fluffy snow, not the stuff with a razor-sharp crust of ice over the top of it. In addition, it would probably help if things were a bit more dark.

We should probably purchase another bottle of Patron, too.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger camille said...

FABULOUS picture! I love it!! What I would have done to come along! How fun would that be??

5:05 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

LOL, looks like you had fun!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Look at you hot mama! Looks like you're learning to have a good time-- I know what it's like going through depression-- if you ever need to talk, I'm here *hugs*

PS: Read my most recent blog, that might be of a little inspiration to you :0)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I need to have Senior Jose Cuervo come over, it's been a long time (I can't even write what I was just thinking cause it just sounded so wrong)!

Looks like it was a good time, you look like a queen. I'm glad you have such good friends, Nancy

9:13 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Gutsy, I can't believe you posted the pic!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

You look amazing! Glad you had some time to relax...

2:12 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

LOVE the picture!
Glad you enjoyed yourself & thanks for thinking of us....we were there in spirit!
It takes a lot of Cuervo before I'm doing a snow angel......all right, all right, 2, but I got $5 out of the deal too

2:22 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

You lucky girl you!!! :)

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a RIOT!!! I LOVE the photo and am so happy that you had a great time with some girlfriends!

And yes... your lookin like a hot chick!

Hugs to you girl!!!
Dee-ta

7:36 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh you naughty girl! I Love IT!
XOXO
AMu

8:32 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Glad you had a good time. I also got a girls night out this weekend. My best friend laughed stating "Julie would have gone to the library for 2 hours just to get away from kids." Oh she doesn't even know how true that statement is.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Love the picture! (I'm jealous!). Glad you have such great friends to get you thru.
Ahh come on...no snow angel??

1:10 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Nancy ~ Now this looks like FUN! ~ jb///

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home