Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: More Insomnia

Monday, December 31, 2007

More Insomnia

I am glad eBay and Amazon are open 24 hours a day. I just bought a belly ring, a food chopper, and two cookbooks.

The following meme is from my blog-buddy Kathi.

Three Things...

Three things that scare me

1. Surprises
2. Needles
3. Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance

Three things I love

1. My family
2. My friends
3. Making my friends and family giggle like little girls

Three things I hate

1. Cruelty
2. Ignorance
3. Raccoons

Three things I don't understand

1. War
2. Office politics
3. Mathematics

Three things on my desk

1. A lifetime supply of Grins & Giggles lotion that gave Erik a rash
2. A notebook bulging with special education and EI forms
3. Taber's Cylopedic Medical Dictionary

Three things I'm doing right now

1. Wishing I could freaking sleep
2. Telling my whining cat to SHUT UP
3. Wondering if the coffeemaker is too noisy at this hour

Three things I want to do before I die

1. Make sure Erik will be taken care of if he is still living
2. Write a book
3. Fall asleep so I don't see it coming

Three things I can do well

1. Write (working on it, anyway)
2. Give strangers nicknames (quietly)
3. Tell stories and crack myself up, ruining them all instantly

Three things I can't do

1. Be in a plane without humming "Chantilly Lace" or "Walking After Midnight"
2. Eat squash or any type of cooked gourd without gagging
3. Successfully iron clothing

Three things I should listen to

1. God
2. My gut
3. My friends

Three things I shouldn't listen to

1. People who JUDGE ME for who I am or what I do/don't do
2. The voices in my head that make me second guess myself
3. Slim Whitman albums

Three things I watched as a kid

1. The Muppet Show
2. Those cool 70s Dolly Madison-sponsored holiday specials
3. Night Flight (don't tell my mother)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

This is so cute!! I lvoe your "Give strangers nicknames (quietly)" on things you do well. :):) You crack me up and you know you make me giggle like a little girl. :)

9:52 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

Much of this made me smile and Slim made me laugh. I love it when we 'bounce' off of each other. Happy new year, here's to a new year full of hope. :)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Nice 3s...thanks for sharing this one! I agree an most things...

Happy new year to you!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Can you email me my nickname? Curious.

Happy New Year!

PS I'm shocked about the belly ring. ;)

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH... YOU HAVE A STORY WITH RACCOONS HUH?? I BET A TRULY FUNNY STORY... SEE, THEN YOU WILL TELL THE RACCOON STORY AND I WILL GIGGLE LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!

FUN TO LEARN A COUPLE OF NEW THINGS ABOUT YA!

HAPPY NEW YEAR GIRL! THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE TOTALLY AMAZING AS B3 HAS BEEN SAYING ALL MORNING!

BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL!!!!

11:58 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Nancy ~ Now I guess I'll have to go find out what in the heck "Night Flight" is! ~ jb///
P.S. I can't wait for the book... I am glad you are blogging NOW though. I just love the emotion your writing exudes. Even if... (sometimes) it tears at my heart. ~ jb///

12:34 PM  
Blogger TrappedInColorado said...

You gave me the gift of laughing out load with some of your answers! BTW - take off the (working on it, anyway) comment on your Writing item.
Just a suggestion. :)

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home