Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Spicy Beef Stew

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Spicy Beef Stew

I am feeling quite proud of myself. I scored four pounds of free beef at the store yesterday. If you are home all afternoon and would like the house to smell lovely, I recommend this recipe. My husband loves it.

2 lbs lean beef (preferably chuck roast)
2 large onions, cut into wedges
1 lb new potatoes, cut in half
1 lb baby carrots
1-1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp beef bouillon granules
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 cans (11.5 oz each) hot and spicy vegetable juice

Cut beef into 1 to 1-1/2-inch cubes; place in a 4-1/2-quart Dutch oven. Add all other ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; cover and transfer to oven.

Bake 4 hours at 250 degrees. Do not peek. Do not stir. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired. Serve with cornbread.

(from yankeemagazine.com)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUMMY!!! IF YOUR HUBBY LOVES IT THEN MINE WILL! GUESS I AM MAKING SOME SPICY BEEF STEW IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS! SERIOUSLY GIRL, YOU NEED TO PUT TOGETHER A COOKBOOK IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO WRITE "THE BOOK"!

I MADE SOME SERIOUS CLAM CHOWDER A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO! IT IS SOOO GOOD! YES, I AM TOOTIN MY OWN HORN! LOL!

GLAD YOUR SPIRITS ARE UP, THE CARPETS ARE CLEAN, MISS GRACIE IS FEELING BACK TO HER OLD SELF AND YOUR WONDERFUL HOME WILL BE FILLED WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!!! WISH WE WERE THERE!

LOVE YOU OODLES AND BIG HUGS!!!
DEE-TA "LOVIN MY NEW NAME"

12:09 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

OK my stomach is TOTALLY growling now-- Please, feel free to make some and send it to my door! *hugs*

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home