Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Helpful Hint #1

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Helpful Hint #1

Tapazole, a medication used to manage hyperthyroidism, can cause projectile vomiting in cats.

Gracie had a couple good hurls that would make Linda Blair proud. I actually stood with my mouth agape waiting to see if her tiny black and white head would begin spinning around. She did a full review of today's menu, all right.

I will keep her medication at half the dosage for a few days until she adjusts to things.

Yes, it was a good day. After all, I would much rather clean cat vomit from the carpet than the usual steaming bum gravy.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Sometimes it's the little things in life that can bring the greatest joy? But this one? I'm not so sure... may be it's just because I just had breakfast. I hope the winter storms in the Northwest have not caused you guys any problems Nancy? ~ jb///

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best example I've heard in a long time for looking on the bright side of life...

When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a wistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...
...always look on the bright side of life!
(whistle)

What would we do without a good laugh?! My sincere thanks to Monty Python!

Love, Mom

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AS YOU KNOW, I AM SO NOT A CAT "LOVER" BUT NOW, NOT EVEN CLOSE WHEN I READ THE LAST LINE OF YOUR BLOG ENTRY! ALL I CAN SAY IS, I COULD NEVER IMAGINE SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPENING IN YOUR HOME WHEN YOUR HOME IS SOOOOOO CLEAN BUT I AM READY TO HURL AND SAY GROOOOOOOOOSS!!!!!!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh gross. I hate when Katie coughs up fur balls. I usually yell for Scott if he is home. I get to queasy.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

um, been sitting here trying to remember the name of the medication Fergie was on...
~ Neomercozole perhaps??
Hopefully her tummy will settle down - maybe you should use half pills for a little while until she adapts... ~ speak to your friendly local vet!

2:31 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

"After all, I would much rather clean cat vomit from the carpet than the usual steaming bum gravy."

Thanks for that visual. LOL

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home