Five Things I am Not
My life has been a bed of roses
And you might think I'm crazy
So what if I am
My head is full of good things
Enough for everyone
-- "Beautiful" The Go Gos
The following meme is courtesy of my friend Kathi. I feel like a lot of us in Willy World are looking for a fun distraction to ease us through the emotional chaos of the holiday season. Voila! Thanks, Kathi!
FIVE THINGS I AM NOT.
1. Petite. I am nearly 5'10" (over 6' in heels) and weigh a lot more than one would think (I hope). My shoe size is between 9 and 10 after having Erik. I also have man-hands, as my best friends' rings will only fit on my little fingers. One day when I was shopping at Macy's, a saleslady told me that since she could see me over the rack of clothes I was browsing, she was quite certain I was in the wrong section. Sure enough, I was in petites.
2. A socialite. I am slowly but surely learning to appreciate a good party or casual banter with strangers at the store. I actually told someone I didn't know the other day that I loved her shoes, and the adorable, surprised reaction I got made me smile all day. It's actually a lot of fun talking to people. I only wish that I was more confident in this area. Because of Erik, I am getting there.
3. Judgmental. At least, I try not to be. If we were all the same, the world would be one big yawn to me. I have to admit I don't generally mix well with people who are judgmental or mean. Is that being judgmental in itself? Uh oh. Yes, these are the things I lose sleep over.
4. A risk taker. I used to live as if I were invincible, but in my 30s I discovered the joy of stability. Maybe my 40s will bring a more adventurous spirit and the desire to leap off a bridge wearing bungee cords.
5. Graceful (see number one). I am probably the most likely of all of my friends to fall, sever a limb, or run into walls. On the day I got married, I injured myself very badly several times by playfully leaping in my wedding dress onto unfamiliar furniture inside our honeymoon suite. I ended up going to Mexico the next day covered in green and black bruises, looking as if Brian had beaten the dickens out of me or I had been in the center of a mosh pit.
So there you have it. Play along if you would like!