Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Can You Dig It?

Friday, March 30, 2007

Can You Dig It?

I'm thankful it's Friday.

This week I was invited to attend a party out of town by my neighbor friend and her husband. Not just any party -- a 1970s theme party complete with disc jockey and fourteen hundred dollars' worth of catering at some country club. To me, it sounds like the soiree of the century. If I go, I will spend two nights away from home. My first instinct was to bury myself in work and let my waning headache serve as an excuse not to go. After all, social events induce instant hives in me. However, now that my husband and my parents have reminded me it's perfectly acceptable for me to go and that I'm due to have some fun, I'm giving it some thought. It DOES sound like fun. What should I do? Maybe this is a good time for me to demonstrate my comfort zone has expanded like never before.

Okay, okay! I'll go.

Now I have to find something to wear. Something in a nice velour, perhaps.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Oooh, far out, sister. I wish I still had my red, white, and blue hip-huggers from 7th grade. I would happily lend them to you for the party. You could be a Foxy Lady! DY-NO-MITE!!!!!!!!!

Go to the party and have a great time!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

OH I wish I lived closer to take you shopping to find something fun and so I could go to...I can not wait to hear all about it!!!!

Peace, Lisa


LOL

5:59 AM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

Go, go, go... you deserve it! You just have to post a photo of yourself in a velour jumpsuit.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Oh MY!! What a FUN kind of party! You have such fun friends... none of my friends are fun like that :( Go! Live it up!! Have a Tab and bring your pet rock and have a blast!!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I try not to interfere in decisions my children make. But I couldn't help myself... it sounds like a wonderful thing for you to do right now. It isn't an escape; you've reached the point where you can go have fun just to have fun! Hooray!

Love, Mom

8:59 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

(Kathi said) I nearly feel your anxiety...I'm sooo the same way. But, I've been focusing on stepping out of my comfort zone lately, and have 2 - 3 times this last week. It doesn't get any easier for me, yet, but I've not regretted it either.
Proud of you, and hope you have the BEST time!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Note: Blogger burped and printed my post twice. Had to move the above 2 comments. Sorry!

9:00 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

ALL THE COMMENTS ARE JUST CRACKING ME UP! YOU HAVE SOME GREAT BLOGGER GIRLFRIENDS! I HOPE YOU HAD A GROOVY WEEKEND AND WOULD LOOOVE TO SEE YOU IN YOUR "VELOUR" OUTFIT!

THE SONG FUNKY TOWN COMES TO MIND... :) LOVE YA DAWNITA

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home