Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Changes

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Changes

I'm waiting for this euphoria to dissipate that I experienced on the one-year anniversary of Erik's diagnosis, but it hasn't one bit in three weeks. It has been one hell of a ride for the last year, but I'm honestly HAPPY with bad days few and far between. I was a little hesitant to post what I did last time but have only received positive feedback and support. I don't want to sound ungrateful for WSA or the listserv, because I'm not. I just find myself in a new phase, having successfully survived the last one (it wasn't pretty, but I did it). I am finding friendships and family are more important than ever now and want to celebrate life.

I made this slide show to remember all of the phases in my life and remember everything that got me to where I am sitting at this moment. I also want to thank all of you for giving me strength when I had none of my own. You will see the good, the bad, and the hopelessly dorky, but it's pure me. It's fascinating to me to take a look back at my old jobs, my travels, and time with my friends and family. Take a look back at your life and what you have been through in the past, and you can see that all things, good and bad, have made you who you are today, whether things turned out the way you expected or not. God knows my life didn't, but life is certainly good to me, anyway.

A very wise man once said, "Welcome to wherever you are." Okay, so it was Jon Bon Jovi, not the Dalai Lama, but I still like that immensely.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful video! You did a really nice job with it :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I can not wait ot go home and heck out the video work has nixed youtube...I do not know anyone around here that plays on the computer all day...

XOXOXOX

11:03 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Beautiful Nancy.... What a lovely life you appear to have lived and what an extrodinary woman you have become.

Heck, I'm proud of you and I don't even know you!! LOL As for the people that know you and love you I can only imagine how proud they must be. :-)

1:12 PM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

I HAVE BEEN SO BLESSED TO HAVE YOU AS MY SISTER-N-LAW AND ESPECIALLY AS ONE OF MY DEAREST FRIENDS! I REMEMBER THE DAY BRIAN INTRODUCED YOU TO BRAD AND I. WE THOUGHT OF YOU AS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR AND KNEW YOU WERE PERFECT FOR BRIAN AND FOR OUR FAMILY!!!

SO MANY THINGS COME TO MIND WHEN I THINK OF YOU...FRIEND, SISTER, AUNTIE, BEST MOMMY, COOK, LOVING, KIND, STRONG, WARM, PATIENT, HONEST, HOPE, FAITH, DORKY, CONTAGIOUS, CARING, FUN, AND THE LIST COULD GO ON..... AND ON....

I LOVE YOU GIRL!

PLEASE, SOMEONE PASS THE TISSUE!!!

ON A LIGHTER NOTE... WHEN BRAYDEN WATCHED THE SLIDE SHOW FOR THE FIRST TIME I HEARD HIM SAY WOW AND SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING BEING "HOT". OF COURSE BEING HIS MOMMY I THOUGHT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT YOUR CAR..... UH NO, HE WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW "HOT" YOU LOOKED IN THE PICTURE THAT HAD THE CAR! BOYS!!! :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a great slide show...i FINALLY GOT TO SEE IT...Wow!!! I used to have the same Bart Simpson shirt LOL and that little hous on the prarie dress...

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I am proud to have been a part of your life for the last 19 years and proud/honored to call you friend. Doesn't seeing 19 years on the page make you feel really old! Seems like just yesterday on that fateful "all hallows' eve".........what a life changing event that started a windfall of life changing events! "Did I hear a niner in there?!" By the way, the coast is a callin.........

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do I always get a headache when I cry!?
It's a wonderful thing when a child values what a parent holds dear. The walk through your life was incredible.
Those smiles were genuine joy-- but who would believe that you were forced to the floor behind that very Tiffany's counter by an armed robber! No one gets where they are, whether it's a good place or a bad one, without making choices. And you have chosen to make the very best of what life has handed you, good AND bad.
It's wonderful to hear you say you like who you are. No one can do better than that.
I'm going to sip a cup of coffee and wait for my old head to clear, and enjoy the wonderful thoughts you've given me today.
You're my favorite daughter!

Love, Mom

6:41 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

What a great video! I thank the day you decided to start your blog because I know it helped me and many other mommies out there. I loved watching you grow up in that video. :)

Love you! Kerry

8:51 AM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

Thank you for sharing - I loved seeing all your old photos (and hairdos!).

You have me totally hooked on making slide shows now....

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was beautiful! It has been such an honor to know you over the past year. Not only are we all proud of you but you should be proud of yourself. Thank you for sharing!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home