Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Lil Beaver Believer

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Lil Beaver Believer



Oregon State won the College World Series! I didn't see the end of the game, as I was attending my book club at Barnes and Noble last night (imagine that -- no television anywhere in a bookstore). Thanks to my folks for making Erik's shirt. He was wearing it when I picked him up after work today. Too cute! It was blazing hot again today, and Brian and I decided it wasn't worth being our usual tightwad, crotchety selves in the air conditioning department, especially since I was working upstairs. Yesterday we didn't turn it on and were very sorry, as it was like a hot kiln in here all night. Gracie kitty even mournfully meowed all night. Our house is surrounded only by grass, and the fairly young trees we do have are much too little to provide much shelter from the elements. We lost one tree to some sort of desert rat in the back yard (our only tree back there). One day it just fell over, the root system having been completely devoured. Last night Erik didn't fall asleep until 11:30 and was miserable because he was so hot. He went down well this evening. I am on my way to sit out on the porch before bed to see if there are lightning strikes around us sparking any fires in the distance. If I feel especially nerdy, I will listen to my police/fire scanner. All three of us spent some time out in the shade this evening washing Erik's rocks in my beloved blue cleaning bucket, which was wonderful because it was breezy and cooler outside. Erik actually DANCED for me when I opened the video camera. He did the squinty/toothy face, too. I couldn't believe it! I can't wait until the therapists see how much he has blossomed during the summer break. He has therapy again in two weeks. Good night and GO BEAVERS!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Isn't it great to see progress. I bet that was the best little dance ever!! Go Erik Broadway here you come...:)

8:37 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

HEY ERIK!

WHAT A FUN GRANDMA TO MAKE YOU SUCH A T-SHIRT! "I THINK YOU HAVE ONE OF THE BEST GRANDMAS IN THE WORLD"

AND... YOU HAVE TO BE THE CUTEST BEAVER FAN EVER!!!!!

BIG LOVES AND HUGS,
AUNTIE DAWNITA

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home