Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Construction Zzzzzzzone

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Construction Zzzzzzzone



Here is Erik just as I found him during a nap recently. If he has the light on in his room and is too tired to turn it off before losing consciousness, he will bury his head like an ostrich under the covers and sleep upside-down. He also makes sure he is surrounded by a collection of toys, most of which seem rigid and miserable to have in bed, but he prefers it this way. Often it looks like someone has dumped the contents of Toys R Us atop his mattress, and he sleeps peacefully in the middle of it all. Of course, Stinky Dog is always close by. You can see him here under Erik's foot, jockeying for position among the rest of the toys. I have never seen a kid regularly sleep with a track excavator before, but it makes sense to me. Erik sure does love them.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Auntie Dee~ta said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs to you all!
Dawnita~

9:41 PM  
Blogger camille said...

lol, i LOVE it. by the way, Nance, can you send me an email and tell me how it went when you transitioned him to a bed? we are thinking of trying it soon and for once, i'm the one with anxiety. any tips??

5:41 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

:) Very cute. Caleb used to do the same thing with his trucks and books and dinos and such. Now he has them all lined up on his headboard which is a book shelf. He loves his stuff. I mean really in love with it. Erik is such a cutie!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I love the post. Erik looks so cute - his feet and his sleeping habits. Christmas night I would always sleep with all of my toys. But that was one night per year.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Fryewerk said...

I'm a head under the covers sleeper as well.

We're definitely cut from the same jib...I even slept with my toy truck.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home