Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Crash and Learn

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Crash and Learn

My kid just crashed his tricycle for the very first time. I am so very proud. It was an impressive sight, and he ended up tangled in the wreckage. However, he got right back on it, and the event was an exciting topic of conversation over his afternoon snack. He is going fast enough now to require his helmet, which has been gathering dust in his closet, as he never did anything more than turn the trike over and spin the wheels for hours at a time in the past.

I think my days of reading quietly outside may be coming to an end. Finally.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOORAY for Erik!!! From the sounds of it and from experience... besides the helmet you just might want to get a first aid kit! lol!!! Brogan says he will bring his scooter and play outside with Erik!

By the way, LOVE the new photo of Erik and you! Too cute.

BIG Hugs to you all,
Dawnita

5:22 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yeah for progress!!!!
(((hugs!)))

3:56 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

That is so funny, I remember being ecstatic when Payton crashed...it meant she was actually riding! Fantastic Nancy :) I can't wait to hear of his trips on that bike!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Tes said...

Oh my friend you are in for a ride, once they get wild and wooly you will not get through a chapter easily or quickly! What a great feeling.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

First of all, I cannot believe you can be outside reading books and riding tricycles in January! LUCKY LADY!

Secondly, way to go, Erik! That is so exciting that he can ride a tricycle. I can't believe it!!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Lizard Eater said...

Isn't it amazing the things we cheer??? Yay!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home