Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Back to Reality

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Back to Reality

Today Erik said, "Poop."

I became very excited and asked him if he needed to use the potty. Yeah, I'm that naive. I should have known.

He looked up at me and followed up with, "There's poop on the Jeep, Mama."

He then held his toy Jeep Wrangler up for me to see. Sure enough, there was a Hershey's Kiss-sized dollop of cat excrement on the left rear tire that had mooshed up onto the fender. It was a nice, rich brown with chunks of prescription rabbit and pea cat food mixed into it, and the smell was gawd awful. Horrified, I grabbed the tiny SUV and headed to the laundry room sink to mix up a bucket of bleach solution to plunge it into. As I crossed the kitchen floor, I saw my beautiful seafoam-colored rug had a straight, regularly interrupted stripe on it. On closer inspection, I could see the miniature tread marks of the tire of a small vehicle that had just completed a safari through the laundry room. Next to the cat box. Through a pile of cat sh*t. For a good mile. Into the master bedroom.

Oh it's good to be home. Sometimes I just have to laugh.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo four wheelin in cat crap! I am soooo sorry but I am laughing way to hard!

Welcome back!!!!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Erik! As they say in the car racing business, "Keep the rubber side down."

9:18 PM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

HA! Well, at least Erik warned you. You could have discovered the problem yourself, probably with bare feet. Ewww.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh no! You're going to be one busy cleaning mama today!

If I lived closer, I'd take you out for happy hour! :)

7:48 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Oh, I love your stories!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

EWWWW!!! :):) It's so fun being you Nance!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Erik and Noah are never aloud to play together.:) The mischief they would get into, oh my. If you have read my blog lately than you know that Noah ate cat food yesterday. He love cars. I am sure they would have a blast in our litter box. If we ever do get to meet we will have to watch them like hawks.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Funny! Thankfully, we've always had a basement for the catbox, I'm sure Michaela would have "discovered" it!

2:41 AM  
Blogger jbgrinch said...

just too funny, thanks for the morning lift, think Ill go clean my cat box now!

5:53 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

Sometimes you just want to bleach your life. So many times one of the boys (usually Charlie) would do something like carry in a handful of dog poop saying "looook mama!!!" Geeze, gotta love them.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home