Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Royalty

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Royalty

Random Thought of the Day: I saw a woman driving a sparkly pink dump truck this week. I so want one.

I ordered two boxes of glistening plastic tiaras in various colors from a party supply store for Sophie's Run this year. Some are even trimmed with pastel-colored fur. I figure people regularly run marathons in sequined dresses, so why not? Erik's Auntie Dee-Ta and I would don tiaras on any given day, anyway, (if you someone dragging a trash can to the curb wearing a bathrobe, fuzzy slippers, and a crown, it's me). However, we thought they would be fun to wear atop our heads in honor of Sophie's birthday. It feels slightly strange feeling so goofy this year, but, quite honestly, I felt it coming on at last year's 5K. I must admit that I suspect that the combination of aging and Erik's diagnosis has made me much goofier than I ever was before. I daresay I am nearing the pathologically goofy category. With everything that is going on in my life right now, I simply have no time for meanness, long lines, feeling insecure, or taking crap from people who think they know everything anymore. I just don't feel like letting the little stuff break my mending heart wide open all over again. I have worked too hard to feel this good, and life is too short.

I elect instead to spend the energy doing something else.

Anything else.

I'll be doing it wearing a jeweled headpiece, of course.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!! When I totalled my poor car... a BIG PINK TOW TRUCK came to my rescue and yep, it said on the side of the truck, "PINK"S TOWING"! I felt like royalty! LOL

And... if you see a woman with wild curly hair and somewhere in the hair will be my crown, ratty t-shirt and some wild pj bottoms from the GAP that would be me taking out the trash!!!

Soooooo excited to celebrate Sophie's birthday and be part of Team Erik on such a special day with us all wearing our tiaras! And yes, my hubby has asked once again will he have one!!!

Waiting anxiously to see you all tomorrow!!!!

BIG LOVES and HUGS

7:51 AM  
Blogger Lizard Eater said...

Ooooh, I want a sparkly pink dump truck!

Have you read the Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love? If not, please get it. Now.

7:57 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Nancy ~ Just wanted to wish you, Brain and Erik a Happy Easter!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I have never felt worthy enough for a tiara. I get what you mean about not having time for mean people, etc. I have even gone to the lengths of not spending holidays with my family if there is drama going on. I am just to tired for it and life is to short. I love your attitude, it is so positive.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I am so proud of you! You're exactly right! Life is too short for long-lines, know-it-alls, and negativity! Enjoy every blessing, and doing it with a tiara is even better!

Leaving hugs and best wishes for a safe and blessed Easter! *hugs*

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see a "she can" dump truck (Orlando FL area). If so, and if you think Erik would get a kick out of it, I can put you in touch with the owner of that company. She's the nicest person in the world! My son was recently diagnosed WS - I'm not ready to start blogging....still working up the courage.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Auntie Dee-Ta: You have my kid! How weird! I miss him! Thanks for taking him for a few days.

Julie: YOU ARE WORTHY OF A TIARA.

Anon: Thanks for the comment and the info on the She Can truck! I will check into that! Whether you decide to blog or not, know you are a part of a VERY special family. Be strong.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yes you are right, I have no time for the small things in life that people get hung up on in a big way. Better to just move along and find your bliss, in small doses, whenever possible. Like wearing a tiara! That is not just goofy, but finding your bliss, your little nook of happiness for a moment or two. PS I sent you something today, bliss is the word of the week.
xoxo
Amy

7:41 AM  
Blogger TrappedInColorado said...

You HAVE to post a picture of you in your attire of royalty!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home