Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Heartache

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Heartache

One of the closest, most important people in my life was diagnosed with a devastating, progressive disease this week. I was told yesterday morning in my living room as I stared out the windows and watched it begin to snow. I knew that tears would only make matters worse, but I was unable to keep them from spilling as I learned that our time with each other is likely cruelly limited. My heart is absolutely aching.

While I know I now have the strength to prepare for whatever comes in the near future, I'm not sure how I will go about it. I only hope I can provide as much support as I have received from my friend over the past two years. I wandered around the house yesterday feeling lost, unable to remember exactly what I was doing in each room.

Words seem lost to me, and I am taking a few days off until they come back to me again.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I am so sorry Nancy. There is absolutely nothing I could say right now to make you feel better. I know how devastated I would be. I don't know your friend or there situation, but God does so I will pray for them.
xoxoxo

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gua said:
It's time once again for you to be the rock. I feel lucky to know this most unusual person; the strength you built together will remain long after this is over. The person I am today is built on the love and friendship of people I've known over the years. It's hard to accept such a friendship being cut short, so hard to say goodby. Again, life is not fair.
I love you.

Mom

12:13 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

I'm so very sorry. Having lost my closest friend to leukemia about 10 years ago, I understand completely. Every day with her was a blessing and I'm still thankful for the joy and laughter she brought into my life.

1:10 PM  
Blogger camille said...

Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry. How awful. Thinking of you today...

2:15 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I, like the others, am sorry. I will be praying for both you and your friend.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nancy I am so sorry. I wish I could say something that would stop your heart from aching. You and your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anna

8:01 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I am so sorry for you and your friend.
You both are in my thoughts and prayers.
xoxo

5:02 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I wish there was more I could say, but I also wanted to offer my prayers and say how sorry I am for your close friend going through this.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

I am so sorry Nancy for this devastating news. I pray that the comfort and support your friend needs most will come from you. I know that your loving spirit will take great care in delivering words of wisdom, kindness, and laughter.

You know all to well the importance of love and friendship in our darkest hours.

Give as it has been given!

Peace...

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home