Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Marketing Madness

Monday, March 10, 2008

Marketing Madness

Random Thought of the Day: Can someone at Huggies please explain why it is now necessary to put essence of cucumber and green tea in baby wipes? Okay, okay. I can kind of see the reasoning behind the cucumber. If I felt the need to slather vegetable paste on my bottom, that would be my first choice. But the green tea? Really. Do my child's buttocks need to be invigorated? Detoxified? Infused? Doesn't anything smell like plain baby powder anymore?

They're butt wipes, not finger sandwiches, people.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Mixed with what Noah leaves in his pants everyday it sounds like the makings of something really nasty. If they start messing with my pampers I am going to be pissed.

11:34 AM  
Blogger camille said...

LOL!!!!! You crack me up!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you crack me up! Well... I have them exact wipes in the boys' bathroom, I thought they made them for me.... I bought them at Target just because I love the smell and perhaps a "treat" for one of my boys after taking a seat on the toilet! LOL!!!!

I have noticed over the years that there are more baby powder scent products for women then there are for actual baby products... I do not like baby powder on me but love the smell on a newborn!!!!

Thanks for the chuckle...Brad has even asked why are there Huggie wipes in the boys' bathroom and why did I buy cucumber ones?! Can't wait to hear what Brad says after reading this post!! Hahaha

11:55 AM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

I SOOOO agree! Maybe it's the organic trend? Ava has mango, papaya, oatmeal/almond, lavender, ad nauseam. They took the "baby" away from our products! I did find a bottle of Johnson's baby cologne...baby powder smell in a liquid. Yummy!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Yes.
In answer to your question - at work i sell dog shampoo and doggy cologne that both smell like baby powder LOL and i will have you know that they are some of our best selling items! However we also sell those same products in finger sandwich fragerence and tropical cocktail fragerence(sp?)

6:55 AM  
Blogger Bare said...

*Shouts out a big, Amen, Sister!* I have no idea what crack these companies smoke? I mean, what happened to the nice, good ol' fashioned baby powder baby scent? I miss that! *hugs*

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home