Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Update

Monday, March 03, 2008

Update

Erik is doing much better today. He is a bit crotchety, but the fever seems to have broken after two days of wrestling with it. I can't remember a single time Erik has ever fallen asleep on my lap or on the couch since he began walking. However, this weekend he came to me and said, "Couch?" He crawled up onto my lap and fell asleep. We spent most of the day yesterday watching Food Network challenges and Elmo. Because of Erik's exceptional health, illnesses seem ominous to me. I want to hold him and cry along with him.

Erik detests the flavor of Advil. I have been squirting it into the space between his cheek and his upper teeth with a dropper, forcing him to swallow it. Today I gave him a dose and told him what a great job he did of taking his medicine. He smiled, looked down at the stuffed animal he was clutching (Stinky Dog, of course), and began to talk to him.

As he turned to walk away, he said, "That wasn't so bad, Stinky."

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

What a little sweetheart.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better. Payton is like Erik - she never falls asleep on me or on the couch - so anytime she asks to lay on the couch or with me, I know she doesn't feel well.
Man, Erik is talking so good! Gives me goosebumps!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

How swwet that he comforts Stinky! I wish I could meet Erik in person; I know he would love me--eventually. 'Cause I already love him:)

You have quite a kid there, Nancy!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how precious Erik is!!! So happy to hear that he is feeling better and taking his medicine...

BIG HUGS!
Auntie Dee-ta

12:25 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh im so glad he is feeling better!
He is becoming quite the little chatterbox :)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nancy I am so sorry to read that Erik wasn't feeling well.

Well Ava Jewel since being home from the hospital has a complete melt down if I am not next to her in bed, which is fine, I love when she wants to cuddle but the only problem is, it has taken me about 2hours to get up to your blog! Every time she falls asleep, I slide out of bed and as soon as I type about 5 words she starts growling which then goes to crying cause I can't seem to get back into the bed quick enough for her.

Sorry, since I have been home it's almost like I have gotten ADD, I am all over the place.

How wonderful it is that Erik is talking so good, I know your days must be filled with smiles. He is a little sweetie!

Much love and peace,
Anna

8:59 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

He's so sweet. I love listening to Michaela when she's playing and talking to her toys.
I hope he's feeling better soon. I can't stand it when my kids are sick, I feel so helpless.

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sammy still talks of "Stinky Dog". Daily I hear, "I want to see Erik and his dog, ya know, Stinky". I have been telling her we will be visiting very soon. We are glad that sweet boy is on the mend. We will plan a playdate soon, very soon!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Your boy amazes me. You do too cutie pie.
xoxo
Amy

6:14 AM  
Blogger Aspen said...

He is just so cute I could eat him up! I love it when you quote him. Love it!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Awe, ....he's so precious Nance! I'm so happy to hear he's feeling better. I know, with my little niece, when she doesn't feel well, that's when she climbs up by you and sleeps contently. It's sweet.

Hope everything's ok. Been thinking of you!

12:49 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

Awwww, that wasn't so bad...geeze, how sweet is this kid?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Last time Julia had a bit of a cold I purchased the Triaminic Thin Strips.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home