Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Blake

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Blake



Tonight I close my eyes,
holding the terrible knowledge that as I sleep
one hundred angels will tug with all their might,
and someone's child miles away
will be replaced by a handful of memories.

My heart swells with pain,
and sleep feels sick and selfish.
How can my life go on when one is about to cease?
I can only dream of a sweet face laced with tubes.

Tonight his fight is scheduled to end.
I dread the morning, when I will open my eyes to grief,
knowing his sighs tapered as I slept.

No more pain. Only peace.

Rest, angel.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger camille said...

Really beautiful, Nancy. Brought tears to my eyes.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh Nance I am in tears that is just beautiful

5:09 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That was amazing, Nancy. You have a gift.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Thank you, Nancy. I have been numb all day. Your beautiful words finally helped me to let the tears flow.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

Thank you Nacy, that was beautiful. And you are right, no more pain, only peace.

Noel

5:55 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Absolutely beautiful, Nancy.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Aspen said...

Once again, just beautifully said. Rest dear Blake, simply rest...

10:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Beautiful Nancy.
No more pain, only peace.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I just wanted to say that I am sorry for the loss of your friends little boy. I know that the support that she receives from all of you must mean alot to her during this time. She and all of you, will be in my prayers.

The poem you wrote for him is simply beautiful.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Beautiful, you have an amazing gift Nancy.
XOXO

4:51 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

peace.

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing group of women!!!

Nance... you are such a beautiful person on the outside and even more so on the inside!!!

Upholding you all in our prayers!!

Dee-ta

8:19 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

A touching, beautiful tribute to Blake, Nancy. My eyes, too, are filled with tears.

9:23 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

A friend at work just lost her son, he was 32. It's always hard, always a nightmare.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

Words give our emotions a voice. Brilliant!

Blake is whole, healed and dancing with the angels. I believe!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home