Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Homecoming

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Homecoming

Erik went to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time (and loved it). He went shopping in Boise. He hugged a complete stranger at Old Navy. He charmed Dawnita's friend. He greeted a bus full of senior citizens on a shopping excursion. He showed his uncle that he can run like the wind. He ate green beans. He ate his first McDonald's chicken nuggets. He played with his cousins. He sat on the toilet. He made everybody kiss Stinky Dog. He made people laugh. He learned to pretend he was asleep when someone checked on him.

When I talked to him on the phone yesterday, he sounded different. He asked me a question for the first time over the telephone instead of simply rambling on about construction equipment and fire trucks. He said, "Go see Boppa and Gua, okay?" My heart skipped a beat. I told him we would see my parents soon and that I loved him. He said he loved me, too.

As for me, I drank margaritas this week. I had people wait on me in restaurants. I went bowling. I spent time with Brian. I painted my nails bright pink. I didn't clean the house. I spent time writing. I took a nap. I went shopping. I played video games. I spent hours on the phone. I watched a trashy movie. I made a beaded bracelet. I did the advanced aerobics DVD collecting dust in my closet. I took a bath. I lit many candles. I cooked spicy food. I shared a bottle of champagne. I served a candlelight dinner. I ate a meal at the table in the formal dining room.

It was a wonderful week, but today I'm doing the happy dance. Erik is coming home!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

It sounds like you both enjoyed yourselves. I know you are happy to have him home.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Im so glad you both had a wonderful time :) Welcome home Eric!
xoxo

4:39 PM  
Blogger camille said...

Oh how wonderful! Erik is such a fabulous guy, I love reading his quotes, they crack me up :) I'm glad you had some relaxation this week. Sounds like a good time...wish I could have come over.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

It sounds like both of you had a fun time filled with lots of neat things :) I'm sure the homecoming was wonderful! Glad to hear Erik had so much fun and tried new things!

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gua said..
We so enjoyed the trip with Brian to pick up Erik-- 250 miles sitting in the back seat with Erik was a blast. The only downside was that by the time we saw you, he was comfortably back in the home groove and Mom was chopped liver. Get used to it, I guess. I so know what that is! But you're the reason he so gracefully can go to a new environment and back again. He's very confident in your love. What a guy!
Love, Mom

8:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow, what fun time you ALL had.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Awwww, this sounds so nice and so heartbreaking too! Glad he's coming home! Erik sounds like he's really doing great interacting with other people. He sounds like a little angel! :)

You're blessed!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

It sounds like he (and you) had a great time! I'm so proud of Erik for enjoying Chuck E Cheese!!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow sounds like a great vacation for all involved! Enjoy your weekend with your boys(;
Amy

9:02 AM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

I am so glad you both enjoyed yourself. And the homecoming is the best part!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I would guess that outings like that give Erik a lot to talk about :)

I'm glad the 2 of you enjoyed yourselves and he's back with all those exciting memories!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home