Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Hand in My Pocket

Monday, November 05, 2007

Hand in My Pocket

Ten days until our sedated echo.

Today I called a slightly swanky but highly recommended local photo studio and left a voicemail expressing my interest in a genuine photo session for Erik. My last two trips to Sears have yielded absolutely gorgeous photos, but this required standing in line for hours while their computer network malfunctioned on another continent, repeatedly dragging my screaming child in front of the camera, and, as I crawled around on the floor on my hands and knees trying to get Erik to cooperate, eventually realizing there was a river of sweat running down my spine and into my butt crack because the good folks at Sears seem to think it's necessary to keep the tiny room they use the exact temperature necessary for firing clay pottery. This new studio offers a nice variety of healthy snacks and chilled wine for exhausted parents while the professionals take care of the rest.

I have changed my theme song these days. I'm an emotional mess this week, but anyone would be. Speaking in sweeping, general terms, things are looking up.

Everything's gonna be fine, fine, fine.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I look forward to seeing these photo's!
10 days.... not long for you now, that reminds me - 13days till Jai's genetisist appointment...
Everything IS going to be
Fine, fine, fine... no matter what the outcomes.

3:36 AM  
Blogger camille said...

We're with you Nancy. I'm scared for you too. But you'll have lots of prayers on your behalf :)

p.s. Where is this fabulous photography place? Can we go if we don't want photos taken but just want the healthy snacks and chilled wine? Please take me along!!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

WS ticks me off. There are always upcoming appointments that we have to worry about. I feel that nagging worry and anxiety whenever I hear of one of our kids' latest procedures. I pray that Erik's echo goes smoothly. I think about him daily and want great things for him!

Love to you!

Kim

5:38 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

Perfect song, loved it. What a great studio, is there a limit on the wine? Just wonderin'... :)

6:01 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to see the photos. I just had Noah's taken and I got a real workout chasing after him.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Are you getting sleep?! That could be impacting your mood. Hang in there kiddo, things will be great, Erik's health as always been on the strong side!! I see no logical reason to worry excessively(:
XOXO
Amy

6:21 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Camille -- You are SO invited. My treat!

Kathi -- They didn't say anything about a limit, but I suppose having to call a taxi with a toddler would be a bit Britney.

Amy -- I have been up since 2 a.m. Kill me now.

Everybody -- HUGS.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

I am sorry that you are feeling blue again. hang in there. Erik's appointment will be fine....yeah I know I get told that all the time and I still worry!! so I'm sure you will still worry too...but know that I am thinking about you and will miss your post while you take a break.

Looking forward to great news and beautiful pictures!

Noel

12:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'll be thinking of you guys and will miss you during your hiatus. Good luck at the appointment. Take care of yourself, Nance!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Love Alanis - she tells it like it is :)
I haven't been posting but I've been here... thinking of you lots :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

How do you always know what I need...I have not heard that song in forever thanks for reminding me, everything is going to be fine fine fine...XOXO

7:50 PM  
Blogger TrappedInColorado said...

If you lived in Colorado I would take the photos for free and take them in your home. Dang. I enjoy your writing style.

Peace

11:52 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

I could see that song as an intro to your movie!

"Be strong, but flexible!"
- Rosemarie

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home