Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Three Candles

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Three Candles

I plan on posting a slide show and perhaps a description of how Erik's party went, but it will take me some time to gather photos and put it together. In the meantime, enjoy this video of the three of us. I imagined his birthday would get less emotional as he grew, but this one was a doozy. I was fighting off tears of pure joy! About the time this video ends, Erik began singing "Happy Birthday" again, and everybody joined in for a second round. It was one of the most touching things I had ever seen!

Many thanks to my parents for constructing this year's cake, which went wonderfully with the construction theme, and to my baby brother, who sent the drawing of the backhoe that is on display next to the cake. I plan on getting it framed and hanging it in Erik's room. Thanks also to everybody who came and helped Erik welcome year number three. There were also friends and family who were unable to be present this year, and we missed you terribly but hope to see you soon.

It was a beautiful, happy day.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I'm so glad the birthday party went well - and that the tears were tears of joy! Happy Birthday Erik!!!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

:) :) Love your video - Happy Birthday ERIK!!!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Love the video. Happy Birthday Erik.

9:44 AM  
Blogger camille said...

Happy Birthday Erik! The big 3! What a great memory of him starting the happy birthday song all over again. Soooo fun!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Dawnita Paslay said...

LOOK AT WHAT WE MISSED!!!!! LOOOOOOOVE THE CAKE "THANKS AGAIN TO YOUR MOM FOR THE CAKE PRE-VIEW" AND WHAT AN AWESOME PICTURE FROM ERIK'S UNCLE, WHAT A TREASURE TO KEEP ALWAYS!

THE THREE OF YOU LOOK GREAT AND SO PRECIOUS OF ERIK BLOWING THE CANDLES OUT WITH DADDY AND THEN A SECOND ROUND OF HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

THE BOYS AND I HAVE WATCHED IT A MILLION TIMES AND EVERY TIME WE WATCH IT THE BOYS SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND YELL AT THE END!

BIG HUGS AND WE LOOK SO FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THREE REAL SOON!
AUNTIE CINNAMON

10:57 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

What a fantastic video! I just love that little boy of yours, what a sweetheart!

Happy Birthday Erik.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Happy birthday you gorgeous little man!!! Oh Nancy - i get tears of joy too just watching the video, He is growing up so quick and doing so well - all thanks to is wonderful family.
How cool is that cake?!! I love the
"oy what are you doing Dad?, thats my job!"
look from Eric while blowing out the candles :) Cant wait for the slideshow!
xxoo

3:55 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

What a great video!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIK!!!!!!

6:02 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

That was the best video ever. Thank you for that.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you found me through Kathi.

Thanks for stopping by. Great YouTubin' too :)

7:19 PM  
Blogger All moments remembered said...

AHHHHHH I love the video!! Dang you know when we lived next to you we had all the fun tractors. There was a backhoe in our yard every night after work. Erik would have loved playing in our yard with the huge dump trucks and tractors. My Andrew has always loved playing with the small sized ones. That cake was beautiful!! Do they take custom orders??? :)
Hugs,
Stacey

10:09 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Love the video. He is sooooo sweet! I love how he kept looking at Brian as he was trying to figure out how to blow out the candles. Priceless!! :) Love, Heather

5:49 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

"...tears of pure joy!"

Blessings to both of you.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I've been a little behind on my blogging, so I don't think I've even had the chance to say Happy bithday Erik! Sounds like it was a great party and love the cake - how cool is that!

8:43 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Nancy ~ Eric sure knew which birthday it was! Heart warming truly! ~ jb///

4:35 PM  
Blogger Aspen said...

PRECIOUS!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home