Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: A Real Conversation

Monday, October 08, 2007

A Real Conversation

As Brian carried Erik off to the truck today on their way to work and day care, I watched them descend the porch steps from where I stood in the middle of the open mud room door. Erik's blond head popped up over Brian's shoulder, bobbing up and down as he was carried away.

He smiled sweetly and said, "Bye, mama! Have fun!"

Surprised, I laughed and said, "I will! Bye, Skooby! I love you!"

He answered in his famous squeaky falsetto, "I love you, too!"

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Aww thats lovely!
It's so nice when they start to really understand their world enough to continue on a conversation :)
xxoo

1:26 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Nancy, it's just the begining of a life time of special interactions between you two. Funny how we cherish something like that, which most people just take for granted.:)
xoxo ~ Heather

5:55 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

He sounds like he is talking so well. What a cutie.

6:00 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

A perfect start to my day. And yours too, I imagine.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Nancy, that's awesome! He is talking so well - I can't believe it!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Can you tape him on the falsetto?? I am dying to hear him! :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger camille said...

AWW! How wonderful is that to hear. I just love him!!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Dawnita Paslay said...

oooooooooooh! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY ERIK AND GIVE HIM ONE BIG AUNTIE CINNAMON HUG!!!!

IT MELTS MY HEART AND ALWAYS WILL WHEN I HEAR ONE OF MY BOYS TELL ME THAT THEY LOVE ME!!!!!!

HOW ERIK SOOOOOOOO LOVES HIS MOMMY AND DADDY!

:) DAWNITA

11:04 AM  
Blogger Believer said...

Okay, you're supposed to have as much fun as he's having at school! :)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

oh those first conversations are so wonderful!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That is the best when that happens

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home