Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Law & Order: WS

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Law & Order: WS

A witness on Law & Order last night had Williams syndrome. Apparently, the world is beginning to sit up and take notice of WS with all of the new articles and studies making their way into mainstream media.

My take on the episode: Corny but entertaining as usual. I normally love this show because it's normally a fun, unrealistic escape, and I really like the characters. The girl with WS acted fairly realistically and had a couple typical but almost laughably exaggerated features, including jacked-up teeth and bad eyesight, making her look a little like Jerry Lewis. It is readily apparent to me that the actress probably didn't really have WS (the nose was all wrong), but they obviously did their research. When she was interrogated about the night her mother was assaulted and raped, she had what was said during the attack memorized, word for word. I can see Erik doing that.

Brian and I both laughed out loud when she was in court and the judge's gavel came down. The little girl screeched and covered her ears. We knew that was coming!

Here are a couple short clips.



Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Dawnita Paslay said...

BRAD AND I ABOUT FELL OFF THE COUCH WHEN WE STARTED WATCHING THE SHOW LAST NIGHT... WE LOOKED AT EACH OTHER LIKE, DID WE HEAR THIS CORRECTLY??? WE REALLY DID NOT ENJOY THE SHOW LIKE WE USUALLY DO WHEN WE WATCH IT BECAUSE WE WERE ASKING EACH OTHER QUESTION AFTER QUESTION LIKE ONE OF US HAD THE ANSWER!! WE CAN BE SUCH DORKS!!! BUT HEY, WE ARE CARING DORKS! LOL!!!!

DAWNITA :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

I loved the gavel scene - and the judge said "Sorry" for pounding the gavel down hurting her ears. the little girl smiled and said, "That's ok. Can I have a hug?" The judge said "No!" The little girl pouted a minute and the judge relented "Maybe later". Cracked me up!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I don't watch L&O but it's good to hear they had a character on with a syndrome most people don't know about - helping to raise some awareness. Too bad they had to exaggerate some features though!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I think the features looked exaggerated to me because the whole thing was...well, completely artificial and had that feel to it, BUT they did a great job, and I love the show even more for it!

Anything (almost) that raises awareness is alright by me -- even for the sake of entertainment like good old television.

3:27 PM  
Blogger kathi said...

I'd watched it last night. It's one of my favorites, but I usually record it. Last night I got to watch it and sooo wanted to know what you thought about it.

Hugs sweetie!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I cant wait for this to air in Australia! I tried to download it on NBC the amazon shop thingo but its only for US customers.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ok I am sorry, but that was laughable weird because of the level of corniness. "She is friendly on minute and anxious the next." Why not just read off a list from the website. Lol. But any visbility is better than none!! Now give Terry some $$!!
Amy

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home