Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: What is Williams Syndrome?

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What is Williams Syndrome?

These cards I made serve as a quick answer to a question that is still difficult for me to answer. I have been looking for a standard script to spread awareness without becoming emotional or stuttering out a lengthy explanation and find this is the best method for the time being. The curious and concerned can look additional information up later themselves using this card, yet this method is anonymous enough that I can give them strangers who, heaven forbid, treat either of us rudely out of ignorance. I purchased a pretty silver cigarette case in which to store them in my purse so I will have them with me at all times.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

that is a good idea...you'll have to retrain the people that do not know what it is now if the read the WSJ....who knows what people are thinking WS is...errrr.....Cool about hte b-ball

10:59 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

I like the cards...short,sweet and to the point! Good job.

Noel

12:14 PM  
Blogger Aspen said...

I love it! Well stated and gets right to the facts. I too carry one of the same silver cases but I carry my credit cards in it. (My husband likes the idea of me carrying information cards about WS much more than my credit cards. HA!)

12:33 PM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

WOW... THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW WHAT WAS IN THE SILVER CASE... SEEING YOU PULL THE CASE OUT, I JUST MIGHT OF THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO OFFER ME A SMOKE! HA! :)

WELL DONE! ERIK'S MOM ROCKS!!!!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Kati said...

Perfect cards... I was thinking about sg. like this, although I rarely say to anyone what is the concrete problem with Szabi, I used to say he has hypotonia ( I don't lie with this, he really ha sit :D), and some day maybe he'll catch up with his peers. This is enough for the rest of the people, their curiosity is gratified...

Love, Kati

4:28 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

HEY... I WAS CHECKING OUT YOUR "RED DOTS" ON YOUR MAP! GREAT SCOTT GIRL, PEOPLE ARE READING YOUR BLOG ALL OVER THE WORLD!!! I THINK THAT BOOK NEEDS TO HIT THE SHELVES OF BARNES & NOBLE SOON, REALLY SOON!!

LOVE YOU! :)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

Great cards - great idea. I had a woman say to me about a million times the other day, "Your daughter is so small. Wow - your daughter is so tiny. How old is she? She is 2? When did she turn 2?" I needed one of those cards just to shut her up!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home