Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: A Look Into My iPod

Monday, June 18, 2007

A Look Into My iPod

I'm not in the mood to write much today, so here's a random meme for your enjoyment.

SONGS ON MY iPOD AT THE MOMENT AND WHY I LIKE THEM.

"You Get What You Give" by the New Radicals. I like this song because my son has the "music in him."

But when the night is falling
And you cannot find the light
If you feel your dream is dying
Hold tight
You've got the music in you
Don't let go
You've got the music in you
One dance left
This world is gonna pull through
Don't give up


"The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani, my favorite singer of all time. I'm always in the mood for this song. It's my little sweet escape.

"I Just Want You" by Ozzy Osbourne. That's hot.

"Head Over Heels" by the Go-Go's. Memories.

"Cumbersome" by Seven Mary Three. I just like how this song makes me feel. It's a dark song about wanting someone but not meeting up with them somehow in a relationship...feeling awkward and not being able to do anything right and just throwing up your hands. I play this one when I'm in a dark mood. I saw this band in Portland and learned all about the concept of a mosh pit.

"U + Your Hand" by Pink. In sharp contrast to my dark songs, I play this one when I am feeling full of it in a happy way. It makes me feel like I'm up for anything.

"Slipped Away" by Avril Lavigne. For the babies I just couldn't hold onto.

I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly
The day you slipped away
Was the day I found
It won't be the same


"Ode to My Car" by Adam Sandler. The language in this song is horrendous. With that said, if you are ever having a bad day, go to iTunes and download this song immediately. Try not to laugh. I dare you. One of the most hilarious songs ever written, especially if your bad day started with car trouble. One of my all-time favorites. It's my personal tribute to my 1980 Volkswagen which ran when only when it felt like it and in which a member of the Idaho State hockey team threw up his 7-11 nachos (don't ask).

"Don't Worry Baby" by the Beach Boys. Soothing and calming song about a young relationship where there are no more serious worries than cars and feeling insecure. Ahhhh.

"Juicy" by Better Than Ezra. If you see me bee-bopping in my car sitting in traffic and Erik's lips mouthing the word "juicy," that's what we are listening to. This is, by far, Erik's favorite song from my collection.

"Close to Me" by the Cure. Jim Carrey once said this song made him feel like he was being tickled. And it has the same effect on me. There is a little of everything in this song, and it is a surefire mood lifter.

"Better Days" by the Goo Goo Dolls. Sums up how I feel right now. Sure, life can be incredibly crappy, but there is always hope. Right? Right?

"A.M. Radio" by Everclear. If you grew up in the 1970s, this song is for you. I have a weakness for these guys because they're out of good old Portland, Oregon.

"Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith. Sexy, sexy, sexy. I love the way this makes me feel. Best at full volume.

That's all for now.

-- N

9 Comments:

Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

HOW CRAZY OF A TOPIC... BRAD BOUGHT AN iPOD BEFORE HE WENT TO IRAQ AND HE SAID WHEN HE GOT BACK THAT I COULD HAVE IT. COOL... OVER THE WEEKEND I WENT FOR A RUN AND DECIDED TO USE THE iPOD... BOY, BRAD AND I HAVE EVER SO HAVE DIFFERENT TASTE IN MUSIC! I KNEW THAT WE DID BUT IT HIT ME HUGE WHEN I WAS OUT FOR A RUN AND THERE WAS MUSIC TO SLEEP TO OR GET YOUR ADRENALINE PUMPED FOR THE ENEMY! OH MY... I AM SURE I WAS A SIGHT FOR BYSTANDERS AS I RAN THROUGHT THE PARK! HA! SO I AM REVAMPING "OUR" iPOD THIS WEEK!

THANKS FOR AN INSIGHT OF YOUR iPOD, THAT WAS FUN!

BIG HUGS TO YOU GIRL!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Will you burn me a cd???? I love your music taste and could use some new to me tunes in my life right now, Erik is not the only one with music in his soul.
xoxo
Amy

9:01 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Auntie Cinnamon -- You will have to go through what I have and see if you would like to take some of my songs next time you visit! Bring the iPod!

Amy -- Check your mail! xoxox

9:31 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

I AM BRINGING THE iPOD ON OUR NEXT VISIT! I LOVE GOOD TUNES WHILE WORKING OUT... ESPECIALLY ON A RUN OR RIDIN THE BIKE!

THANKS GIRL!

GIVE THAT SWEETIE BOY OF YOURS A AUNTIE CINNAMON HUG!!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Excellent!!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Aspen said...

You know I love your song choices. The Sweet Escape is such a great song! Along with so many others you have listed. Volume up...

12:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I lost my ear phones ERRRRRRR you have motivated me to find them for work tomorrow....how did we live without ipods...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

That is funny...my 12 yr old loves the AM radio song as much as I do. Many of the songs you listed we were just looking at on Itunes....

Noel

6:52 PM  
Blogger Lizard Eater said...

Okay, SCARY how many of those songs are on my iPod, too, incl the Adam Sandler one. POS car!

Just downloaded You Get What You Give for my iPod.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home