Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Lightbulb Moments

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Lightbulb Moments

Things I have realized in the last three days:

(1) Parent group made me angry because I felt like the moderator's comment insinuated I was NOT fighting for my child. I was venting and needed no advice, and she should have simply listened and kept her trap shut. This was the last safe place in a professional setting I felt comfortable expressing myself. I'm done there.

(2) Deer are really mangy-looking up close. They are best viewed from afar.

(3) I crave bean burritos because they are comfort food during stressful times. I used to get them on the way home from working at the drugstore when I was 21 years old and life was a lot less complicated (mystery solved).

(4) When I do not eat for 16 hours and have blood drawn, I quickly lose consciousness, thereby making a complete ass out of myself.

(5) There are a few professionals in this area who care about Erik and are excellent providers, even though he is likely their only WS patient at the moment.

(6) I'm still very freaked out about meeting an adult with WS, but I probably won't be any less freaked out with time, making it time to do it.

(7) It's time to do something brainless and fun again.

(8) I want a little travel trailer.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

OMG I want a travel trailer too! And we could start a travel trailer posse and meet up around the US. Our you can come to Indiana to visit us via a plane, whatever is easier.
Amy

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the moderator is a loser, and she's lost again, big time, with you leaving the group. You can always spend time at our house during school.

Love, Mom

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we should all purchase RV's and start our own community. We could be a Mom's of WS babies cult. What do you say? Live in Utah somewhere and hire doctors that would only see our babies and would know MORE about WS than we do. HA! Okay, so there are a few holes in that plan, but either way it would be nice to live closer to you all. And eat bean burritos anytime we want!

8:52 AM  
Blogger kathi said...

With you and amy talking about the travel trailer posse, it makes me think of The Riches, have you seen the show?

I'm with you on the parent group, you don't need anything in your life that's not going to lift you up or that's going to give you more stress.

Comfort food, I use to always stop at Taco Bell when I lived in Indiana...lately though, it's Pei Wei.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Little Travel Trailer...no way lets go for the whole kip and cabodule...a KICK ASS motor home with all the bells and whistles...Good think I have 30 years ahead of me to save LOL

9:13 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

I am SO UP for the trailer gig ... I will buy everyone plastic pink flamingos to stake in our front yards when we stop for a night :)

I think the best part of the whole post is your mom calling the moderator a loser :):):):):) Right on! :)

Love you! Kerry

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home