Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Save the Date!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Save the Date!



We are getting closer to our local 5K run/walk to raise awareness for Williams syndrome. This event will take place on Saturday, April 28, 2007, which also happens to be our sixth wedding anniversary!

Please e-mail me to let me know you wish to participate, and I will put you on the list to provide you with more information as it becomes available. Because it is still early, the information I have is currently limited, but I wanted to let everybody know so they can mark their calendars and do some advance planning. We should have a large group of friends and family this year, and there will be at least three children with WS participating, including Erik.

We hope you can join us. You are welcome to run, walk, or stroll the entire 5K. It's also perfectly acceptable to sit in some gorgeous surroundings and simply watch the festivities! Everybody is welcome. I had some Live Strong-style bracelets made for "Team Erik" for this occasion, and actually sold one at my hair salon for $50, which went to the WSA Valentine's Day fundraiser in Erik's name. It's a great way to raise awareness, and I will bring a box of them!

I attached a video of the race last year. This was only one month post diagnosis, but we still had a wonderful time. It was an extremely emotional day for us, and I cried many tears, but I left feeling great.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Aspen said...

Nancy! I had chills all throughout the clip. I would give my left arm to go to that event. Tears now thinking about how special that would be! Maybe I will plan a trip to Oregon in April. Thanks for thinking of us...I might take you up on that offer.

LOVE YOU!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

I LOVE the new greeting! My, you better watch out or he will fool you with some fake symptoms! :)

Can I buy a Team Erik bracelet? I would love to walk but since we are across the country....

1:52 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

You're a woman of great courage!

Please keep us posted on the outcome and your thoughts on that day.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

Love the video. Wow I am speachless. Sounds like such a good event to raise money and awareness...I wish we were closer and could go.

Noel

5:58 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

AS YOU KNOW... OUR CALENDAR IS MARKED AND WE ALL HAVE OUR RUNNING SHOES READY!!! :)

THE BRACELET IDEA IS AWESOME! SAVE FOUR OF THEM.

AND... LOOOOOOOVE THE VALENTINE LETTER FROM ERIK AND GIVING TO THE WS VALENTINE FUND! THANKS FOR ASKING AND INVOLVING US... WE ALWAYS WANT TO HELP IN WHATEVER WE CAN!!!

BIG HUGS AND LOTS OF LOVES!!!

9:44 AM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

SIDE NOTE... NOT SURE IF ASPEN AND HER FAMILY WOULD BE TRAVELING THROUGH IDAHO TO OREGON, BUT IF SO... WE WOULD LOOOOOOOVE TO CARAVAN WITH THEM ALL IF THEY MAKE IT IN APRIL! :) DAWNITA

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sammy, Andy and I will be there. This year Sammy will be able to ride in the baby jogger as she is older. Last year she was only 16 weeks old, but she still did great. Go Team Erik!

Love to all three of you!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

I wish we could be there with you in Oregon. I had such a bad couple of days and have felt so alone in this struggle with WS, but reading your post and watching the video today reminded me I am not alone. I am very blessed to have you (and the other moms) out there to walk this journey with me. Thank you!!

(You have to teach me how to put that stuff on Blogger because I am clueless!)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

This video was beautiful! Erik is absolutely gorgeous by the way! You have a beautiful family and you're very blessed. I hope the event goes the way you want it to, and that you have less tears and more joy.

Thanks for sharing this! Wish I lived near you or I would have participated.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Enjoy your weekend!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

WOW, Nancy, thanks for promoting Sophie's Run! We too are getting very excited for the event this year. The run is at the same park, Willamette Park, Corvallis Oregon, 9am is Race Time Saturday April 28, 2007! We will send out information the first part of April and I will send you an extra stack to pass around.
Big Hug to you, Heather G.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sophie's Run was a flood of sunshine for all of us, so fresh from Erik's diagnosis. The beautiful day, the lush spring green of the Willamette Valley, the wonderful, caring, understanding people we met.. all gave us the much needed encouragement that we could survive this. And we've more than just survived. We've all come a long, long way in a year! We'll have an awesome Team Erik-- and I know lots of good thoughts will go with us! I, too, thank the wonderful bloggers who walk with all of us each day.

Love, Mom

7:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

How did I miss this Post!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna come...hmmm maybe I should look up plain fare today...

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home