Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Oh BEE-HAAVE!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Oh BEE-HAAVE!


I really enjoyed seeing everybody's sweet morsels dressed up for Halloween this year, both in person and on line. It was the first Halloween I really got into the spirit as a mother. Last year Erik had an adorable brown bear costume hand-crafted by Gramma, but life was very different a year ago, as we were beginning to suspect something was wrong with Erik, who wasn't feeling great and was still adjusting to reflux medication. He was a cranky little bear. This year Erik's school invited the children to come to class in costume. Since it was 6 degrees when I got up, I decided it was a good day for Erik to wear a fuzzy bee costume. I put some black tights on him and the costume I purchased on eBay. It was a bit short, so his Lycra-clad bottom (or lack thereof) and long, skinny legs were exposed for all to see. He made people smile at school. There were a couple other kids in costume, including a tiny girl dressed as a flower, a sleepy lion, and an autistic ninja warrior (they did have to confiscate his sword). After our classes, I took Erik on my rounds to see Gramma and Boppa at work at the museum and then to the medical center to pick up work, where I got him to say "BUZZ" and make the patients in the crowded waiting room giggle. When I looked in the rearview mirror as I drove around town, I could only see the fuzzy yellow orbs atop his antennae bobbing up and down. Too fun!

In the evening, Dominick came over dressed as a lion after taking quite well to the concept of trick or treating. I am hoping Erik will know that it's Halloween next year and enjoy it with gusto right along with Dominick. Some neighbors we do not normally see surprised us with a visit to admire Erik's costume and give him a caramel apple. Too sweet! Next year will be even better. By then, I may even get out actual decorations. Life is slowly returning to normal.

I ordered Erik's new shoes on Friday. By the time we returned from our trip on Monday, they were waiting on the porch for us. Erik wore them all day yesterday without any trouble at all, and I can't say enough how much I love them. It was nice being able to fasten his shoes normally, and they are his true size, not two sizes bigger like the ones I originally purchased to fit over his hardware.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aspen said...

OH MY! He is precious! I love that little Bee (or bad fly as my niece calls it). What a great picture!

Glad to hear the shoes fit great too! That is a huge relief eh?!

1:57 PM  
Blogger THE PASLAY'S OF IDAHO said...

WHAT A SWEET PICTURE!!! THE BOYS AND I JUST LAUGHED AND TALKED ABOUT ERIK AND WHAT A FUN HALLOWEEN HE MUST OF HAD! ONCE BROGAN GOT THE HANG OF THE WHOLE TRICK OR TREAT THING AFTER KNOCKING ON THE DOOR THERE WAS NO HOLDING HIM BACK! NEXT YEAR BROGAN IS GOING TO NEED A PARTNER THAT CAN KEEP UP WITH HIM... PERHAPS ERIK WILL BE GAME! :)

WHAT A TREAT FOR YOU NANCE TO SEE ERIK WEARING THOSE NEW SHOES AND NOT THE TWO SIZES TO BIG AND YET STILL TOO SMALL AND COLLECTING WHAT WAS IT ON THE VELCRO.... NOSE HAIR? :)HA! "GOOD JOB FINDING THOSE SHOES GIRL!!"

AND THE BEACH TRIP.... AWESOME PHOTOS AND SO GLAD TO HEAR HOW YOU ALL HAD FUN!!!

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT WE LOVE YOU ALL AND WE KEEP YOU GUYS IN OUR PRAYERS AND CLOSE TO OUR HEARTS!
DAWNITA :)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

What a cute costume! He looked so adorable, of course. I'm glad the shoes worked out - it's amazing what relief you probably had from that. Some days are really good!!
Love -K

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home