Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Biohazard Girl

Monday, October 16, 2006

Biohazard Girl


Random Thought of The Day: I refuse to be a passenger in a car in which there is a dream catcher hanging from the rear-view mirror.

Okay, it's official. I now have SARS. There is a bug making its way around town, and almost everybody I know has it. I felt better last week but seem to be going downhill quite quickly once again. I had a very quiet, uneventful weekend. Brian ventured off with his dive gear to go crabbing this weekend off the coast while Erik and I laid low and busied ourselves manufacturing buckets of snot. Great fun. My neighbor came over Friday night with a package of microwave kettle corn and a bottle of champagne, and we enjoyed some of the spicier fare on our satellite dish (Nip/Tuck). She doesn't have cable. That was a lot of fun. Erik and I did get to my folks' house Saturday to watch the Oregon game, and my mother made steak quesadillas to die for. Erik and I made it out of the house to Target yesterday to pick up a few things I needed but played indoors most of the day. I sang "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider" almost without realizing I was doing it (I sing and talk to myself constantly), and when I looked over my shoulder, Erik was trying to do the hand motions for the climbing spider. He really absorbed things at light speed this weekend. For example, when I lit one of my Yankee Candles in the kitchen Saturday morning, he said, "Candle!" Who even knew he was familiar with that word? He said, "WHEAT!" when he saw me eating my strawberry shredded wheat this morning, and when I asked him what he should say, he said, "Peeze" (please). When we were out and about, I bought a couple new kids' CDs for him and a koosh ball that lights up when you squeeze it. He loves it. He continues to greet every stranger we see but seems to be realizing that not everyone is friendly.

It wasn't the best weekend on record, but I did get lots of quality time with Erik without worrying about work. Brian hauled his gear and clothes back into the house this morning, and the rotten fish smell that rolled in with him was indescribable. I dumped a half box of baking soda in with his clothes in the washing machine. I am glad he is back safe and sound without any real jellyfish stings. I am making crab on English muffins for dinner with a big salad. If I feel any lousier, however, dinner might be nice, hot chowder and bread instead.

I finally got a picture to upload on Blogger. This was during Erik's party when the kids went outside. I will continue to try to upload more photos, but this week we plan on looking into other options for connecting to the internet so I can better communicate with my girls and maybe try a photo hosting site for private on line albums to share with you all.

This week I have to run out to pick up tapes at the eye clinics. I need one of the cosmeticians that work at the funeral home to make me over so I look like I have a pulse, but everything else is going well. It's a good day to feel ill. It's cold and rainy. Time to light more candles! Peeze!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I love the picture What a fab looking Family :)

I love Strawberry shredded wheat Emma calls it the pink ceral. YUM

I guess you are not going to be in my car anytime soon it is actually painted like a dream catcher and the exaust smells like patrully... LOL not really but I though it sounded funny

11:10 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Beautiful family:-)

I'm so sorry your not feeling well. If I were there I'd take care of you.

O.K. truth.

I'd instruct Brian on what to do...I don't want to get within a hundred yards of you. You can keep your icky ole germs.

Nothing personal.

LOL

Feel better soon. :-)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Kati said...

Nancy, what a wonderful photo of the family!!! I love it!!!
I am very proud of Erik saying so many words!!!! Good work, Erik!!! :))))

Love, Kati

10:46 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

That's a great family pic! It's amazing what leaps and bounds these kids are doing.

I think I am cancelling everything today (gasp!) and lay around in my pj's and watch a movie. I am not up to par, but I definitely don't sound as sick as you :( Feel better!
Love -K

4:29 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

That's a great family pic! It's amazing what leaps and bounds these kids are doing.

I think I am cancelling everything today (gasp!) and lay around in my pj's and watch a movie. I am not up to par, but I definitely don't sound as sick as you :( Feel better!
Love -K

4:29 AM  
Blogger Aspen said...

OMG Nancy you make me laugh! I sent your random thought of the day to Autumn so she could laugh with me. So funny!

LOVE the new picture. What an amazing family you have. I can't wait until Erik learns to say Aspen and Daven. Awe! Love you girl! Get some rest.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

A picture of Nancy! That's a great shot of the three of you!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home