Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: More to Come

Thursday, July 09, 2009

More to Come

We are on the way to a new adventure, and I plan on posting stories/photos next week. I'm sorry my posts have been few and far between lately. I even have a video I need to post but haven't gotten around to doing so. It has been an emotional few weeks for me for a variety of reasons. Looking back at my last posts, I am alarmed to see what I have written. Not for my sake, necessarily, but for my friends and family. I have always refused to be anything but honest here, however, and I do nothing but continue to write what comes to me.

Erik has been cracking me up lately. Today I was unstrapping him from his seat in the Jeep in our driveway when he spotted the last three pretzels I had placed in his cup holder for on-the-go snacking during our errand running.

He said, "You know what, Mom? I'm going to take these home."

He gathered them up in his hand and took them inside the house, being careful not to drop them during the process. He has such a delightful, unusual way of expressing himself which is textbook WS. It's one of the millions of things I love about him. Frankly, it's one of the parts of WS that I completely adore. I am finding myself appreciating the uniqueness that comes with this diagnosis. There is a lot to love that isn't very apparent at the beginning of this story that is now revealing itself to me.

Oh, and did I mention today that he used the toilet in a big way this morning?

Hal-Lay-Lu-Yah.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

You know, the past week I am finding myself loving the personality part of ws. I can't tell you how many times in one day I hear "you're my best friend" or "thank you for taking care of me". I love it.....and I'm so glad erik has reached this point as well. Really helps life out! :) So proud of Erik for going potty!!! What a big boy!

7:44 PM  
Blogger camille said...

What a sweetheart. And YAHOO for the potty!!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I find that I sooo appreciate Ari's personality and how special it is...I really truly could not ask for a sweeter, more engaging, loveable child. I am glad you feel the same about Erick.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I think Noah's personality adds so much light to our days. Great news on the potty!!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

We all call Abi our "ray of sunshine" I am so glad that Erik has become that for you. I am hoping that he has the ability to change the mood of a room for the better, as Abi does, it really comes in handy when you are feeling stressed out or down.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home