Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Connections

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Connections

I just e-mailed our regional WSA chairperson and offered to host an event in our state for WS families. Washington is just too far for us to travel for our region's annual family picnic, so this year I felt inspired (a complete surprise to me) and decided to do something about it.

Anybody interested?

As far as I know, Erik is the only child in town these days with WS. Hmmm. What if I threw a party and nobody came?

Ah, heck. You never know until you try. We'll see what happens. I'll just make some two-sided banners. If nobody shows up, I'll flip them over and instantly change the party's theme.

Spontaneous seems to be my middle name these days.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds great! Make sure you call the newspaper with the details and don't overlook the town’s freebie papers as well. I hope it’s a hit, and remember whoever shows up is meant to be there. ;)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Good for you, Nancy!!!
You'd be surprised at how far people are willing to travel.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nance, We are making the trek up to Seattle...there's fire engines there :-) Let us know when you plan it and how we can help! Tina

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that we would be there with bells! I too would love to help. I don't think we will make the Seattle trip...but, you never know. Sandy

4:30 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Where do you live? it sounds like near Seattle... but I'd love to meet other families with WS, how do you find out about a conference near you?

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We would love to come- Jane was quite fond of Erik at Sophie's run. (unfortunately she was having a rough day that day so we had to check out early)Let us know and let me know if there is any way that I can help make it happen!!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy- We would love to come to something like that. Let me know if there is anyway that I can help. I know Jane would love to see all of her friends.

Emily- Jane's mom

2:01 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hey Heidi. We're in Oregon. To find a conference, go to the WSA website and hit the regional events section. I highly recommend going to a conference if you can and making some connections!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home