Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Imaging Study

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Imaging Study

Erik is scheduled for another blood pressure check with the cardiologist and a renal ultrasound at the hospital tomorrow around noon. Not only that, we are getting some blood work for the kidneys. Amazingly, I didn't have to suggest either of these things. I also did a little research and purchased a home blood pressure cuff (for the whole family to enjoy at this point).

For those of you who are curious, his systolic reading yesterday was 142, which I agree is "pretty high," as it is not even close to being listed on my chart for a boy his age and height. His diastolic reading was 70, which falls into the 95th percentile and is also a little high. His cardiologist says his pressure has increased over time.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Yup, that BP reading is high.
I'm so glad they got you in so soon. You're moving in the right direction....great job!!!
Keep me updated, and don't ever hesitate to ask anything.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Well, get Erik so smile for the ultrasound.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes!!!!

Keep us posted and we are praying!!

BIG Hugs,
Dawnita~

11:07 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Sending good thoughts your way... keep us updated. Love you :)

9:47 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

I agree it is high. I think you are doing the right thing by being worried. I don't care what the drs say my gut instinct has been wrong very few times. I'm sure you are more in tune to your son then they are too.
Good luck and I hope you get some answers!

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping Erik in our thoughts and prayers today!!!

Give my little rockstar a BIG Auntie hug for me!!

Love ya!
Dawnita

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home