Erik Quinn: The Heart of a Family: Make it Stop

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Make it Stop

Yes, I'm still alive.

It's quite clear to me why many people overdose on medication. They just want the pain to stop. It's as simple as that. I am afflicted by one of my infamous headaches, and scooping my right eyeball out with a melon baller has never seemed so tempting. I have tried Advil, aspirin, Aleve, Excedrin, ice cream, sleep, a warm bath, darkness, pressure points, sex, caffeine, 40 gallons of water, herbal tea, light, fresh air, bourbon, praying for relief, praying for death, a blanket over my head, moaning in agony, cuddling with Erik, and ice packs to no avail. I'm out of ideas, and I'm on day two now. I slept until after eight o'clock this morning and woke up to bright sunshine, thinking I had died in the night. If I sleep in, something is just not right. The pain began Friday night, part of which I spent in Erik's room after another one of his nightmares.

Erik and I did manage to get to my folks' house yesterday. My Aunt Jane was there, too. We watched the Oregon Ducks play USC. Despite my blossoming headache, I couldn't help but scream along with the rest of them. My millions of nerve endings did a painfully slow version of the wave around the circumference of my skull. Erik used to cry when our teams scored touchdowns. Although he still jumps at the sound of cheering, he will now put his hands up in the air and yell, "TOUCHDOWN!"

I hope to write more tomorrow, but at the moment I need to go find a place to lie down and die.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

ah man, sounds like a whopper of a headache...or migraine? Hope it goes away soon!

3:39 PM  
Blogger camille said...

Nance, I'm so sorry, that really sucks. I hope it doesn't last much longer. How bout some wine? I saw you gave bourbon a whirl, but having some wine and laying down usually helps me, but I guess that's because it puts me right to sleep. I hope by the time you read this it'll all be over. And don't die, I'd miss you too much!!

5:58 PM  
Blogger All moments remembered said...

Sounds like a migraine to me!!! Have you tried Imitrex or any of the other migraine meds? I suffer from them and nothing else works to get rid of them!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Started a new contest on my site. Someone can win free products weekly!!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

oww...
Sorry to hear about your imploding head and i hope by the time you read this its nothing but a distant memory.
take care
xxoo

9:50 PM  
Blogger Believer said...

I have a low tolerance for pain so I'm glad when that was being handed out I received other ailments instead.

Hope you feel much better Monday morning!

12:42 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Nance - You have no idea how sad this makes me to read this. I wish there was something I could do to help you get rid of those darn headaches, but honestly, if I would have had Advil, aspirin, Aleve, Excedrin, ice cream, sleep, a warm bath, darkness, pressure points, sex, caffeine, 40 gallons of water, herbal tea, light, fresh air, bourbon, all just by themselves, I too would have had a headache! ~ You are in my thoughts and prayers! ~ jb///

4:48 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

:( Feel better!!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Dawnita Paslay said...

I WAS TELLING BRAD ABOUT YOUR HEADACHES AND HOW BAD THEY TRULY ARE, AND ALL THE THINGS YOU HAVE TRIED TO CONQUER IT! AND YES.... BRAD SAID WITH A CHUCKLE, NEXT TIME I HAVE A HEADACHE... I SHOULD TRY SEX AND BOURBON! LOL!!!!! MEN! :)

PRAYING FOR A HEALING!!!
DAWNITA

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home